Nothing scratches the knitting itch like casting on for a hat! Just a dozen or so inches of knitting, and ba-da-bing ba-da-boom, the very thing you’ll wear every single day until the lion cedes to the lamb!
This particular Lovely Ribbed Hat is not only one of our most beloved and classic hat patterns, it also introduces our very newest yarn, Linen Quill Worsted!
Just like it sounds, this is our fingering-weight Linen Quill plumped up to a gorgeous worsted weight. The same fine highland wool, alpaca, and linen blend, this version is a perfect five stitches to the inch, just right for just about everything. Available in 28 of everyone’s favorite Linen Quill colors, this is our new go-to… Practical, knit-able, durable, but also blow-you-away beautiful!
Designed for Purl Soho by Laura Ferguson.
- 1 (2, 2) skeins of Purl Soho’s Linen Quill Worsted, 50% fine highland wool, 35% alpaca, and 15% linen. Each skein is 164 yards; approximately 118 (206, 293) yards required.
- US 5, 16-inch circular needles (or 12-inch for smallest size)
- A set of US 5 double pointed needles
- 4 stitch markers, including one unique marker
We made our samples in the following colors …
- Toddler/Kid Small Size: Bright Flamingo and Vintage Celadon
- Kid Large/Adult Small: Cobalt Blue and Super Orange
- Adult Large: Kiln Red
34 stitches and 26 rows = 4 inches in stitch pattern
Toddler/Kid Small (Kid Large/Adult Small, Adult Large)
To fit actual head size of 14 to 16¼ (19 to 22, 23½ to 27¼) inches
- Finished Circumference (unstretched): 11¼ (15, 18¾) inches
- Finished Height: 7¾ (11, 12¼) inches
We followed our Lovely Ribbed Hat pattern exactly, except for new needles and gauge. Even though these are bigger than the original pattern, the 2×2 rib stitch has enough stretch to create similarly sized hats. For the free pattern, please visit our original Lovely Ribbed Hat story!