Faceted Yoke Pullover
Like a tranquil current diverted in its path, our Faceted Yoke Pullover deftly blends drama with fluid ease, and like nature’s own designs, it is both distinctive and timeless, robust and refined.
This top-down knit begins with an I-Cord Cast On, a very polished place to start. We love how it provides a smart edge along the neckline, all in one step. Don’t worry, we explain everything in our new I-Cord Cast On Tutorial!
From there, increases spread out along either side of a central panel in beautiful ripples of twisted rib, which give way to a placid surface of stockinette stitch down the body. More twisted rib at the bottom hem and cuffs, with a neat, tubular bind-off, finishes it all with a thoughtful ta-da!
For crisp stitch definition and a wonderfully cozy feel, we used our gorgeous Understory, a light worsted baby alpaca-yak-silk blend. And our Faceted Yoke Pullover is the perfect canvas for the three new colors that just joined the collection: Ash Blue (shown here), Blue Bayou, and Earth Black. With deep earthy tones, textural depth, and tensile strength, Understory and our Faceted Yoke Pullover are as beautiful as nature intended!
Designed for Purl Soho by Mary Anne Benedetto.
Share your progress and connect with the community by tagging your pics with #PurlSoho, #PurlSohoBusyHands, #PurlSohoFacetedYokePullover, and #PurlSohoUnderstory. We can’t wait to see what you make!
- 4 (5, 5, 6) (6, 7, 7, 8) skeins of Purl Soho’s Understory, 50% baby alpaca, 25% baby yak, and 25% silk. Each skein is 250 yards/ 100 grams; approximately 985 (1080, 1230, 1340) (1500, 1620, 1730, 1860) yards required. We used Ash Blue and Silver Berry. (NOTE: We no longer offer Understory, but choose from one of our other light worsted/dk weight yarns.)
- US 6 (4 mm), 16-inch circular needles
- US 6, 32-inch circular needles
- Set of US 6 double pointed needles
- Spare 32-inch circular needles, US 6 or one or two sizes smaller
- Stitch holders or scrap yarn
- Stitch markers (including one unique marker for end of round)
- A Faceted Yoke Pullover Pattern
21 stitches and 31 rows = 4 inches in stockinette stitch
25 stitches and 32 rows = 4 inches in 1×1 Twisted Rib
NOTE For help picking a size, please check out our Understanding Ease + Selecting Size Tutorial!
37 (40¾, 44½, 48½) (52¼, 56, 59¾, 63½)
To fit actual chest circumference of 31–34 (35–38, 39–42, 43–46) (46–49, 50–53, 54-57, 58-61) inches, with approximately 3-6 inches of ease
- Finished Chest Circumference: 37 (40¾, 44½, 48½) (52¼, 56, 59¾, 63½) inches
- Finished Length From Back Neck To Bottom Edge: 20¾ (21¼, 22¾, 23¼) (24¾, 25¼, 25½, 26¼) inches
- Finished Length From Underarm To Bottom Edge: 13¼ (13¼, 14¼, 14¼) (15¼, 15¼, 15¼, 15¼) inches
- Finished Sleeve Length From Cuff To Underarm: 18 inches
SAMPLE: The sweaters pictured here are size 37 inches modeled with 5 inches of ease.
The Faceted Yoke Pullover Pattern is available for purchase as a PDF download only.