Like a tranquil current diverted in its path, our Faceted Yoke Pullover deftly blends drama with fluid ease, and like nature’s own designs, it is both distinctive and timeless, robust and refined.
This top-down knit begins with an I-Cord Cast On, a very polished place to start. We love how it provides a smart edge along the neckline, all in one step. Don’t worry, we explain everything in our new I-Cord Cast On Tutorial!
From there, increases spread out along either side of a central panel in beautiful ripples of twisted rib, which give way to a placid surface of stockinette stitch down the body. More twisted rib at the bottom hem and cuffs, with a neat, tubular bind-off, finishes it all with a thoughtful ta-da!
For crisp stitch definition and a wonderfully cozy feel, we used our gorgeous Understory, a light worsted baby alpaca-yak-silk blend. And our Faceted Yoke Pullover is the perfect canvas for the three new colors that just joined the collection: Ash Blue (shown here), Blue Bayou, and Earth Black. With deep earthy tones, textural depth, and tensile strength, Understory and our Faceted Yoke Pullover are as beautiful as nature intended!
Designed for Purl Soho by Mary Anne Benedetto.
- 4 (5, 5, 6) (6, 7, 7, 8) skeins of Purl Soho’s Understory, 50% baby alpaca, 25% baby yak, and 25% silk. We used Ash Blue (and Silver Berry for a sample shown in some of the photos up top).
- US 6, 16-inch circular needles
- US 6, 32-inch circular needles
- Set of US 6 double pointed needles
- Spare 32-inch circular needles, US 6 or one or two sizes smaller
- Stitch holders or scrap yarn
- Stitch markers (including one unique marker for end of round)
- A Faceted Yoke Pullover Pattern
21 stitches and 31 rows = 4 inches in stockinette stitch
25 stitches and 32 rows = 4 inches in 1×1 Twisted Rib
37 (40¾, 44½, 48½) (52¼, 56, 59¾, 63½) inches
To fit actual chest circumference of 31–34 (35–38, 39–42, 43–46) (46–49, 50–53, 54-57, 58-61) inches, with approximately 3-6 inches of ease
- Finished Chest Circumference: 37 (40¾, 44½, 48½) (52¼, 56, 59¾, 63½) inches
- Finished Length From Back Neck To Bottom Edge: 20¾ (21¼, 22¾, 23¼) (24¾, 25¼, 25½, 26¼) inches
- Finished Length From Underarm To Bottom Edge: 13¼ (13¼, 14¼, 14¼) (15¼, 15¼, 15¼, 15¼) inches
- Finished Sleeve Length From Cuff To Underarm: 18 inches
SAMPLE: The sweaters pictured here are size 37 inches modeled with 5 inches of ease.
The Faceted Yoke Pullover Pattern is available for purchase as a PDF download only.