Named for the suggestion that it has been dipped in a great, big pot of paint, our year-round Paint Pail Pullover appeals to our love of color and color blocking (not to mention our affinity for alliteration)!
Knit from the bottom up, it all begins with our favorite soft rolled hem and makes its way up to a raglan yoke and saddle shoulder. The beauty lies not only in the finished sweater but in the little amount of finishing work you need to finish it!
Stitched up in our Linen Quill, a mix of fine highland wool, alpaca, and linen, the Paint Pail Pullover is lightweight and comfortable with a raw and natural beauty. And with over 30 gorgeous colors to play with, try surprising pairings that push you beyond your color comfort zone!
Designed for Purl Soho by Adam Aronowitz.
- Color A: 2 (2, 3, 3, 3, 4) skeins of Purl Soho’s Linen Quill, 50% fine highland wool, 35% alpaca, and 15% linen
- Color B: 1 skein of Purl Soho’s Linen Quill
We used (shown above)…
- Top Row: Dark Iris (Color A) and Wheat Flour (Color B)
- Bottom Row: Pale Oats (Color A) and Kettle Black (Color B)
You’ll also need…
- US 3, 32-inch circular needles
- US 3, 16-inch circular needles
- A set of US 3 double pointed needles
- Stitch markers
- Stitch holders or scrap yarn
- A Paint Pail Pullover Pattern
26 stitches and 33 rows = 4 inches in stockinette stitch.
33 (36½, 40¼, 44, 47¾, 51½) inches
To fit actual chest circumference of 28–31 (31–34, 35–38, 39–42, 43–46, 46–49) inches, with approximately 2–5 inches of ease
- Finished Chest Circumference: 33 (36½, 40¼, 44, 47¾, 51½) inches
- Finished Body Length from Underarm to Bottom Edge (unrolled): 15½ (15½, 16½, 16½, 17½, 17½) inches
- Finished Sleeve Length from Underarm to Cuff (unrolled): 18 (18½, 18½, 19, 19, 19) inches
SAMPLE: The sweater pictured here is size 36½ inches with 4 inches of ease.
The Paint Pail Pullover Pattern is available for purchase as either a hard copy or download.