Everyone loves a one-skein project! It’s intrinsically fast, inexpensive, and most importantly, clever. So thank you, Karin, who works in our store, for designing this lovely, little one-skein Dovetail Scarf… just in time for the holidays!
Inspired by our original Dovetail Wrap, Karin’s miniature version is in our beautiful Mulberry Merino, and in one color or another, it can be seen draped stylishly over Karin’s shoulders any day she’s helping customers at Purl Soho! Whip up your own with our free pattern and one skein of Mulberry Merino. It’s a no-brainer one-skeiner!
Share your progress and connect with the community by tagging your pics with #PurlSoho, #PurlSohoBusyHands, and #PurlSohoDovetailScarf. We can’t wait to see what you make!
- 1 skein of Purl Soho’s Mulberry Merino, 80% merino wool, 20% Mulberry silk. Each skein is 247 yards/ 100 grams; approximately 247 yards required. (NOTE: We no longer offer Mulberry Merino, but choose from one of our other sport weight yarns.)
- US 6 (4 mm), 20, 24, or 32-inch circular needle
- 1 stitch marker
18 stitches and 36 rows (18 ridges) = 4 inches in garter stitch
- Finished Length of Wingspan: 35½ inches
- Finished Length of Each Short Side: 22 inches
- Finished Length from Cast-On Point to Middle of Bind-Off Edge: 14 inches
Cast on 8 stitches. We used a basic Long Tail Cast On.
Row 1: K7, slip 1 purlwise with yarn in front (wyif).
Repeat Row 1.
Row 1: K2, [yarn over (yo), k1] 2 times, place marker, [k1, yo] 2 times, k1, slip 1 purlwise wyif. [12 stitches]
Row 2: Knit to last stitch, slipping the marker when you come to it, slip 1 purlwise wyif.
Row 3: K2, yo, knit to 1 stitch before marker, yo, k1, slip marker, k1, yo, knit to last 2 stitches, yo, k1, slip 1 purlwise wyif. [4 stitches increased]
Repeat Rows 2 and 3 until there are 204 total stitches.
Bind off loosely.
Weave in the ends and block as desired.