Our Pasture Pullover knits up into a cocoon of warmth… Soft and cozy, understated and down to earth.
Knit from the top down with raglan shoulder shaping and a straightforward construction, our Pasture Pullover clears away complications in favor of natural beauty and casual ease.
The ribbed details that run through this piece, like fences between open fields, give this project its distinctive details, as well as its pastoral name.
We knit up our Pasture Pullover in our Cashmere Merino Bloom, a nuanced and beautiful blend of extra fine merino wool and cashmere. In the color Lilac Quartz, the whole gorgeous sweep of this sweater glows like heather moorland!
Designed for Purl Soho by Adam Aronowitz.
- 5 (5, 6, 7) (7, 8, 8, 9) skeins of Purl Soho’s Cashmere Merino Bloom, 75% merino wool and 25% cashmere. Each skein is approximately 218 yards/100 grams; approximately 1010 (1090, 1235, 1325) (1460, 1600, 1745, 1880) yards required. We used the color Lilac Quartz.
- US 5, 20-inch circular needles
- US 5, 32- or 40-inch circular needles (depending on size you are making)
- A set of US 5 double pointed needles
- US 6, 24-inch circular needles
- US 6, 32- or 40-inch circular needles (depending on size you are making)
- A set of US 6 double pointed needles
- Stitch markers, including one unique
- Stitch holders or scrap yarn
- A Pasture Pullover Pattern
20 stitches and 30 rows = 4 inches in stockinette stitch on larger needles
37¼ (41¼, 46, 49¼) (53¼, 58, 62, 66)
To fit actual chest circumference of 30–33 (34–37, 38–41, 42–45) (46–49, 50–54, 55–58, 59–62) inches, with approximately 4–7 inches of ease
- Finished Chest Circumference: 37¼ (41¼, 46, 49¼) (53¼, 58, 62, 66) inches
- Finished Sleeve Length From Underarm: 17 inches
Sample: The sweater pictured here is size 41¼, worn with 6 inches of ease.
The Pasture Pullover Pattern is available for purchase as a PDF download only.