Our Simple Stripe Pullover brims with charisma and handmade personality, but its classic design reads like a go-with-everything basic… The perfect only-sweater-I-need!
Single row striping gains added dimension when it is extended over 1×1 rib details at the hem, cuffs, and beautiful yoke collar. Not too high, not too low, the neckline feels elegant and modern, lying flat against the clavicle.
A simple top-down construction, you’ll begin with the collar, then yoke. Some short rows shape the neckline, increases form the raglan, and a purl column down the center back solves the “jog” problem of striping in the round, creating a beautiful detail that serves an ingenious function.
Knit up in our gorgeous Cashmere Merino Bloom, the Simple Stripe Pullover shows off this yarn’s many winning qualities: incredible softness, beautiful drape, and a lovely halo of warmth. We used a pair of old favorites, Dove Gray and Charcoal Onyx, but for your version, feel free to explore the 16 new colors we just added to the collection… a whole new world of color for your new favorite sweater!
Designed for Purl Soho by Adam Aronowitz.
- Purl Soho’s Cashmere Merino Bloom, 75% extra fine merino wool and 25% cashmere. Each skein is approximately 218 yards/100 grams.
- Color A: 3 (3, 4, 4, 5, 5) skeins; approximately 590 (665, 760, 835, 940, 1015) yards required. We used Dove Gray.
- Color B: 3 (3, 4, 4, 5, 5) skeins; approximately 580 (655, 745, 820, 925, 1000) yards required. We used Charcoal Onyx.
Here are some more pretty color combos…
Top Left: Bright Flamingo + Autumn Oak
Top Right: Wheat Flour + Red Poppy
Bottom Left: Lilac Quartz + Pumpernickel Brown
Bottom Right: True Turquoise + High Tide
You’ll also need…
- US 4, 16-inch circular needles
- US 5, 16-inch circular needles
- US 5, 32-inch circular needles
- A set of US 5 double pointed needles
- US 6, 16-inch circular needles
- US 6, 24-inch circular needles
- US 6, 32-inch circular needles
- A set of US 6 double pointed needles
- Stitch markers
- Stitch holders or scrap yarn
- A Simple Stripe Pullover Pattern
22 stitches and 32 rows = 4 inches in stockinette stitch with largest needles
38½ (43, 47¼, 51¾, 56, 60¼)
To fit actual chest circumference of 29–33 (33–37, 37–41, 42–46, 46–50, 50–54) inches, with approximately 6–10 inches of ease
- Finished Chest Circumference: 38½ (43, 47¼, 51¾, 56, 60¼) inches
- Finished Length From Shoulder To Bottom Edge: 22 (22¾, 24½, 25½, 27¼, 28) inches
- Finished Sleeve Length From Underarm To Cuff: 17 (17, 17¼, 17¼, 17½, 17½) inches
SAMPLE: The sweater pictured here is size 38½, worn with 6 inches of ease.
The Simple Stripe Pullover Pattern is available for purchase as a PDF download only.