Nataliya Sinelshchikova For Purl Soho: Hemmed V-Neck Pullover
A master of the pared-down knit with a twist, knitwear designer Nataliya Sinelshchikova creates pieces with smart intention and decisive clarity. We love that, despite the simplicity of her designs, Nataliya always gives the knitter something to think about!
Knitting a sweater is a commitment, so how wonderful that her reversible Hemmed V-Neck Pullover gives you two for the effort of one! With hems that are cleverly finished on both sides, you can wear either smooth-sailing stockinette or nubbly reverse stockinette on the out-facing side.
You knit this piece in the round from the bottom hem up to the underarms, then work the front and back separately and graft them together at the shoulders. To finish, you knit and fold the big, bold hems at the short-sleeve cuffs and beautiful deep-v neckline.
Nataliya knit up her Hemmed V-Neck Pullover in our gorgeous Flax Down. A mix of baby alpaca, extra fine merino, and linen, Flax Down always brings its down-to-earth complexity to the knit. Pick from two dozen colors for your own take on this streamlined beauty!
Designed for Purl Soho by Nataliya Sinelshchikova.
- 4 (4, 5, 5, 6) (6, 7, 7, 8) skeins of Purl Soho’s Flax Down, 43% baby alpaca, 42% extra fine merino, and 15% linen. Each skein is approximately 219 yards; approximately 720 (820, 920, 1020, 1120) (1220, 1320, 1430, 1530) yards required. We used the colors Dark Iris and Steel Blue.
- US 7, 32- or 40-inch circular needles
- US 5, 32- or 40-inch circular needles
- US 5, 24-inch circular needles
- US 5, 16-inch circular needles
- Spare circular needles, US 5 or smaller and 24-inches or longer
- Stitch markers, including one unique
- Removable stitch marker
- Stitch holders or scrap yarn
- A couple yards of smooth scrap yarn, same weight as main yarn
- A Hemmed V-Neck Pullover Pattern
18 stitches and 27 rounds = 4 inches in stockinette stitch, using larger needles
NOTE For help picking a size, please check out our Understanding Ease + Selecting Size Tutorial!
37 (41¼, 45, 49¼, 53) (57¼, 61, 65¼, 69)
To fit actual chest circumference of 29–33 (33– 37, 37–41, 41–45, 45–49) (49–53, 53–57, 57–61, 61–65) inches with approximately 4–8 inches of ease
Finished Chest Circumference: 37 (41¼, 45, 49¼, 53) (57¼, 61, 65¼, 69) inches
Finished Length from Shoulder to Bottom Edge: 22 (22½, 23, 23½, 24) (24½, 24¾, 25, 25½) inches
Sample: The sweater shown here is size 41¼, worn with 6¼ inches of ease.
The Hemmed V-Neck Pullover is available for purchase as a PDF download only.