Not all sweaters can be worn without sometimes feeling a little overheated, but Goode definitely can! With short sleeves and a breezy, flattering dolman shape, it’s the perfect shirt-style pullover for all seasons.
The most interesting aspect of this design is the v-neckline with an incorporated I-cord edge. It wraps around the back of the neckline and is grafted for a seamless, tailored-looking collar. (Don’t worry, that doesn’t mean it’s difficult!)
Worked in stockinette stitch using Purl Soho’s Linen Quill, the fabric is light and has a wonderful drape. And with Linen Quill’s generous yardage, you’ll be surprised how few skeins you’ll need to knit this entire project!
Pair Goode with jeans or your favorite skirt, and wear it all year long! -Julie
UPDATE: NEW YARN
May 3, 2017
The Goode pattern works just as well with Purl Soho’s Cattail Silk! A lighter, more warm weather version, read all about it here.
- 3 (3, 4, 4, 5, 5) skeins of Purl Soho’s Linen Quill, 50% fine highland wool, 35% alpaca, 15% linen. This is the color Stonewall Gray.
- US 3, 16-inch circular needle
- US 3, 24-inch circular needle
- Stitch marker
- Stitch holders or scrap yarn
- Blocking wires and T-Pins (optional, but recommended)
- Julie Hoover for Purl Soho’s Goode Pattern
25 stitches and 38 rows = 4 inches in stockinette stitch
38 (41½, 45½, 49½, 53, 57)
This garment is designed to fit approximate bust sizes of 30–32 (34–36, 38–40, 42–44, 46–48, 50–52) inches.
- Finished Midriff Circumference: 38 (41½, 45½, 49½, 53, 57) inches
- Finished Length from Shoulder to Bottom Edge: 24 (24½, 25½, 26¼, 27½, 28) inches
- Finished Length from Underarm to Bottom Edge: 12¾ (12¾, 13¼, 13¼, 14, 14) inches
- Length from Center Neck to Cuff: 17¼ (18¼, 19¼, 20¼, 21, 22) inches
- Length from Shoulder to Underarm: 11¼ (11¾, 12¼, 13, 13½, 14) inches
SAMPLE: The sweater pictured here is Size 41½ shown on model with a 34-inch bust.
Goode is available as either a hard copy or download.