Cap Sleeve Pullover
A classic t-shirt is always a good thing, but there are times when life calls for something just a little bit, well, more. Like chic cap sleeves, a beguiling texture, and a dazzling color… Not to mention the wonderful satisfaction of having made it yourself!
For this there is our warm-weather Cap Sleeve Pullover! Designed for a just-loose-enough fit, its beauty belies how super easy it is to make. Starting at the bottom, you work separate hems for a slightly longer back one, then join in the round for the body, separate again at the underarms to work the front and back, then join again at the shoulders with one simple seam.
And what is that insanely beautiful texture?! That’s also simple and totally provided by our newest yarn, Lantern. Like a thousand points of light, its white cotton core peeps out from the linen thread that wraps around it. In this Bluegrass Blue color, it’s like wearing the sparkling ocean!
If that’s not enough to get you started, consider how little finishing this gem requires. Just one seam, a cool inside-out one, at the top of each shoulder and a pick up and bind off finish for the neckline and armholes. Summertime perfection!
Designed for Purl Soho by Adam Aronowitz.
Share your progress and connect with the community by tagging your pics with #PurlSoho, #PurlSohoBusyHands, #PurlSohoCapSleevePullover, and #PurlSohoLantern. We can’t wait to see what you make!
- 4 (5, 6, 6, 7, 8) skeins of Purl Soho’s Lantern, 61% cotton and 39% linen. Each skein is 164 yards/ 100 grams; approximately 630 (715, 850, 940, 1105, 1195) yards required. We used Bluegrass Blue.
You’ll also need…
- US 7 (4.5 mm), 32-inch circular needles
- US 7, 24-inch circular needles
- A US 8 (5 mm) double pointed needle
- 2 stitch markers
- A cable stitch holder
- Stitch holders or scrap yarn
- A Cap Sleeve Pullover Pattern
20 stitches and 28 rows = 4 inches in stockinette stitch on smaller needles
NOTE For help picking a size, please check out our Understanding Ease + Selecting Size Tutorial!
35¼ (39¼, 43¼, 47¼, 51¼, 55¼)
To fit actual chest circumference of 31–34 (35–38, 39–42, 43–46, 47–50, 51–54) inches, with approximately 1–4 inches of ease
- Finished Chest Circumference: 35¼ (39¼, 43¼, 47¼, 51¼, 55¼) inches
- Finished Length From Shoulder To Back Bottom Edge: 25 (25½, 27¾, 28½, 31¼, 31½) inches
SAMPLE: The sweater pictured here is size 35¼ with 1¼ inch of ease.