Our Peaks Pullover is the kind of sweater for which you ignore all the others in your closet. It features flattering and thoughtful details and is day-in-and-day-out cozy and comfortable!
Knit in the round from bottom to top, this pattern starts with some short rows to create a sloped back hem, then moves on to add more and more ribs until they join in a pretty peak below the chest.
After joining the sleeves (which have their own little peaks) and working the raglan decreases, the Peaks Pullover Pattern gives you a choice of collars, ranging in height from crewneck to folding turtleneck.
And on top of all the Peaks Pullover’s beautiful details is our beautiful Cashmere Merino Bloom. A nice light worsted weight, Cashmere Merino Bloom has a soft halo and a super cozy feel, making it the perfect yarn for this very special knit!
Designed for Purl Soho by Adam Aronowitz.
- 6 (6, 7, 8, 8, 9, 10) skeins of Purl Soho’s Cashmere Merino Bloom, 75% extra fine merino wool, 25% cashmere. We used Dove Gray.
You’ll also need…
- US 6, 32-inch circular needles
- US 6, 24-inch circular needles
- US 6, 16-inch circular needles
- A set of US 6 double pointed needles
- 5 stitch markers, including a unique one
- 4 stitch holders or some scrap yarn
- A Peaks Pullover Pattern
24 stitches and 32 rounds = 4 inches in 2 x 2 rib stitch
22 stitches and 32 rounds = 4 inches in stockinette stitch
33¼ (36, 38¾, 41¼, 44, 46¾, 49¼) inches
To fit actual chest circumference 30–31 (33–34, 35–36, 38–39, 41–42, 43–44, 46–47) inches, with approximately 2–3 inches of ease
- Finished Chest Circumference: 33¼ (36, 38¾, 41¼, 44, 46¾, 49¼) inches
- Finished Length from Base of Back Neck to Back Bottom Edge: 24 (24½, 26, 26¾, 28, 29½, 31½) inches
- Finished Length from Underarm to Cuff: 17½ (17½, 18, 18, 18½, 18½, 18½) inches
SAMPLE: The sweater pictured here is size 38¾ inches modeled with 4¼ inches of ease.
The Peaks Pullover pattern is available for purchase as either a hard copy or download.