Our Peaks Pullover is the kind of sweater for which you ignore all the others in your closet. It features flattering and thoughtful details and is day-in-and-day-out cozy and comfortable!
Knit in the round from bottom to top, this pattern starts with some short rows to create a sloped back hem, then moves on to add more and more ribs until they join in a pretty peak below the chest.
After joining the sleeves (which have their own little peaks) and working the raglan decreases, the Peaks Pullover Pattern gives you a choice of collars, ranging in height from crewneck to folding turtleneck.
And on top of all the Peaks Pullover’s beautiful details is our beautiful Cashmere Merino Bloom. A nice light worsted weight, Cashmere Merino Bloom has a soft halo and a super cozy feel, making it the perfect yarn for this very special knit!
Designed for Purl Soho by Adam Aronowitz.
Share your progress and connect with the community by tagging your pics with #PurlSoho, #PurlSohoBusyHands, #PurlSohoPeaksPullover, and #PurlSohoCashmereMerinoBloom. We can’t wait to see what you make!
- 6 (6, 7, 8, 8, 9, 10) skeins of Purl Soho’s Cashmere Merino Bloom, 75% extra fine merino wool, 25% cashmere. Each skein is 218 yards/ 100 grams; approximately 1200 (1315, 1500, 1570, 1725, 1890, 2100) yards required. We used Dove Gray.
You’ll also need…
- US 6 (4mm), 32-inch circular needles
- US 6, 24-inch circular needles
- US 6, 16-inch circular needles
- A set of US 6 double pointed needles
- 5 stitch markers, including a unique one
- 4 stitch holders or some scrap yarn
- A Peaks Pullover Pattern
24 stitches and 32 rounds = 4 inches in 2 x 2 rib stitch
22 stitches and 32 rounds = 4 inches in stockinette stitch
NOTE For help picking a size, please check out our Understanding Ease + Selecting Size Tutorial!
33¼ (36, 38¾, 41¼, 44, 46¾, 49¼)
To fit actual chest circumference 30–31 (33–34, 35–36, 38–39, 41–42, 43–44, 46–47) inches, with approximately 2–3 inches of ease
- Finished Chest Circumference: 33¼ (36, 38¾, 41¼, 44, 46¾, 49¼) inches
- Finished Length from Base of Back Neck to Back Bottom Edge: 24 (24½, 26, 26¾, 28, 29½, 31½) inches
- Finished Length from Underarm to Cuff: 17½ (17½, 18, 18, 18½, 18½, 18½) inches
SAMPLE: The sweater pictured here is size 38¾ inches modeled with 4¼ inches of ease.
The Peaks Pullover pattern is available for purchase as either a hard copy or download.