Andrea Cull For Purl Soho: Quartz Pullover
Andrea Cull is a knit designer with a penchant for cross-cable stitches in crystalline formations. She’s also, along with her sister Alison Yates, co-founder of Knitrino, a pattern-tracking app that supports their collection of indie designs. But most pertinently, Allison Cull is the creator of this gorgeous Quartz Pullover!
A wonderfully straightforward top-down knit, Andrea employs simple two-stitch cross-cables to chisel a gem-like pattern into her yoke. It’s a striking mix of engineered and natural, hard and soft.
Soft wins the day, though, with Andrea’s choice of our Cashmere Merino Bloom. She calls it “the softest yarn ever, with a perfect halo.” True!
Andrea chose the Dove Gray color for its shimmering natural beauty, and we knit up another version in pretty Crocus Bud to turn quartz into amethyst. Either way, or any other color from Cashmere Merino Bloom’s earthy palette, knitting the Quartz Pullover is like mining for beauty, stitch by stitch!
Designed for Purl Soho by Andrea Cull.
- 5 (6, 6, 7, 8) (8, 9, 9, 10) skeins of Purl Soho’s Cashmere Merino Bloom, 75% extra fine merino wool and 25% cashmere. Each skein is approximately 218 yards/100 grams; approximately 1060 (1160, 1300, 1420, 1560) (1650, 1780, 1900, 2030) total yards required. We used the colors Dove Gray and Crocus Bud.
- US 6 (4 mm), 16-inch circular needles
- US 6, 32-inch circular needles
- A set of US 6 double pointed needles
- US 7 (4.5 mm), 16-inch circular needles
- US 7, 32-inch circular needles
- A set of US 7 double pointed needles
- A cable stitch holder
- Stitch markers, including one unique
- Stitch holders or scrap yarn
- A Quartz Pullover Pattern
18 stitches and 27 rounds = 4 inches in stockinette stitch on larger needles
NOTE: Need help deciding on a size? Check out our Understanding Ease + Selecting Size Tutorial!
36½ (39, 43½, 47, 51½) (54¼, 58¾, 61¼, 64)
To fit actual chest circumference of approximately 30-33 (33-36, 36-40, 40-44, 44-48) (48-51, 51-55, 55-58, 58-61) inches with 3-6 inches of ease
- Finished Chest Circumference: 36½ (39, 43½, 47, 51½) (54¼, 58¾, 61¼, 64) inches
- Finished Length From Shoulder To Bottom Edge: 25¾ (26½, 26½, 26¾, 26¾) (27, 27, 27½, 28¼) inches
- Finished Sleeve Length From Underarm: 18¼ inches
Sample: The sweaters shown here are size 39 inches, worn with 4 inches of ease.
The Quartz Pullover Pattern is available for purchase as a PDF download only.