Not top-down nor bottom-up, our End To End Pullover is knit side-to-side in rows of sweet and simple garter stitch… A classic look but a fun construction!
Beginning at the end of the left sleeve, you knit the sleeve; cast on more stitches for the shoulder and body, knit that; then bind off some stitches and knit the right sleeve down to its end. Do the same for the back side, sew it all together with pretty inside-out seams, and ta da!
For the End To End Pullover we used our much-loved Linen Quill, a distinctive blend of fine highland wool, alpaca, and linen. It’s a wonderful three-season weight, and we just added 16 new colors to the collection, including this deep, watery, and gorgeous Green Turquoise. Pick the same or whatever’s your favorite, cast on for one end, and enjoy the journey to the other!
Designed for Purl Soho by Adam Aronowitz.
- 4 (5, 5, 6, 6, 7) skeins of Purl Soho’s Linen Quill, 50% fine highland wool, 35% alpaca, and 15% linen. Each skein is approximately 439 yards/100 grams; approximately 1705 (1840, 2150, 2325, 2635, 2875) yards required. We used Green Turquoise.
- US 4, 32-inch circular needles
- A set of US 4 double pointed needles
- Removable stitch markers
- An End to End Pullover Pattern
38½ (42½, 46½, 50½, 54, 58)
To fit actual chest circumference of 30–33 (34–37, 38–41, 42–45, 46–49, 50–53) inches, with 5–8 inches of ease
- Finished Chest Circumference: 38½ (42½, 46½, 50½, 54, 58) inches
- Finished Length From Shoulder To Bottom Edge: 21¾ (22¼, 23½, 24, 26, 26½) inches
- Finished Sleeve Length From Side Seam To Cuff: 17 (16, 16½, 16¾, 17, 17¼) inches
- Sample: The sweater shown here is size 38½, worn with 5 inches of ease.
26½ stitches and 50 rows = 4 inches in garter stitch
NOTE: Because this garment is worked sideways, you must match row gauge as well as stitch gauge in order to achieve the intended measurements.
The End to End Pullover Pattern is available for purchase as a PDF download only.