Julie Hoover is back with another how-did-I ever-live-without-it sweater! This time it’s her beautiful Hawley pullover, designed just for Purl Soho.
Everything about the Hawley is thoughtfully designed for ease, from its simple stitch pattern and intuitive construction to its flattering fit. Knit in pieces and then seamed, this is a wonderfully uncomplicated pattern that will challenge beginners and keep experienced knitters interested… The perfect balance!
Knit up in our Good Wool, we love that this yarn is super affordable but also that its undyed natural beauty is reminiscent of a classic fisherman’s knit… without the traditional itch. Good Wool also has amazing loft and stitch definition, making each detail of the Hawley distinct and truly lovely!
Designed for Purl Soho by Julie Hoover.
- 4 (4, 5, 6, 6, 7) skeins of Purl Soho’s Good Wool, 100% Andean Highland Wool. This is the color Winter Grass.
You’ll also need…
- US 4, 24-inch circular needles
- US 7, 24-inch circular needles
- Cable stitch holder
- T-pins and blocking wires (optional)
- Julie Hoover for Purl Soho’s Hawley Pattern
21 stitches and 30 rows = 4 inches in stockinette stitch on larger needles, after blocking
28 stitches and 32 rows = 4 inches in Cable Pattern on larger needles, after blocking
37 (41½, 46½, 51, 55½, 60) inches
To fit chest circumference 30-33 (34½-37½, 39½-42½, 44-47, 48½-51½, 53-56) inches, with approximately 4-7 inches of ease.
- Finished Chest Circumference: 37 (41½, 46½, 51, 55½, 60)
- Finished Length from Shoulder to Bottom Edge: 23 (24, 25½, 26½, 27¾, 28¾) inches
- Finished Sleeve Length from Cuff to Underarm: 16 (16, 16¼, 16¼, 16½, 16½) inches
SAMPLE: The sweater pictured here is size 41½ inches modeled with 7½ inches of ease.
Hawley is available as either a hard copy or download.