Julie Hoover for Purl Soho: Sayer
From designer Julie Hoover specially for Purl Soho, the Sayer tank is a no-fuss knit fit for summertime’s most fun activities: outdoor dinners, vacation ramblings, and hammock catnaps.
With a V-neck on one side and a crewneck on the other, the Sayer gives you free rein to decide which one to wear in front and which in back… And to change your mind! Knit in two pieces from the bottom up, Sayer’s simple stockinette body, with slight A-line shaping and garter edges, is truly a breeze!
Julie knit her tank holding two strands of our fine Cattail Silk for a fabric that is lightweight and cool, natural and totally beautiful. We dipped into two summer-sky shades, Blue Bamboo and Deep Indigo, but the sky’s the limit with eighteen gorgeous colors of Cattail Silk to choose from. You’ll only need a few skeins to whip up your own, just in time for summer!
Designed for Purl Soho by Julie Hoover.
Share your progress and connect with the community by tagging your pics with #PurlSoho, #PurlSohoBusyHands, #PurlSohoSayer, and #PurlSohoCattailSilk. We can’t wait to see what you make!
- 2 (3, 3, 3) (4, 4, 4, 4) skeins of Purl Soho’s Cattail Silk, 100% silk. Each skein is 618 yards/ 100 grams; approximately 1235 (1375, 1580, 1715) (1935, 2095, 2290, 2445) yards required. These are the colors Blue Bamboo and Deep Indigo.
You’ll also need…
- US 7 (4.5 mm), 24-inch circular needles
- US 7, 16-inch circular needles
- US 6 (4 mm), 16-inch circular needles
- Stitch markers
- Scrap yarn or stitch holders
- T-pins and blocking wires (optional)
- Julie Hoover for Purl Soho’s Sayer Pattern
18 stitches and 27 rows = 4 inches in stockinette stitch on larger needles with yarn held double, after blocking
NOTE For help picking a size, please check out our Understanding Ease + Selecting Size Tutorial!
36½ (40, 43½, 47) (50½, 54, 58, 62)
To fit actual chest circumference of 30–33 (34–37, 38–41 41–44) (45–48, 48–51, 52-55, 56-59) inches, with approximately 3-6 inches of ease.
- Finished Chest Circumference: 36½ (40, 43½, 47) (50½, 54, 58, 62) inches
- Finished Length from Shoulder to Bottom Edge: 24 (24½, 26¼, 26½) (27¾, 28¼, 29¾, 30) inches
SAMPLE: The top pictured here is Size 40 inches modeled with 6½ inches of ease.
Sayer is is available for purchase as a PDF download.
Update: More Sizes
We’ve expanded the size range for Sayer! Since last spring, all of our new sweaters fit at least a 60-inch chest. If you downloaded this pattern in the past, please update your pattern for free, either in My Pattern PDFs on your My Account page at purlsoho.com or in your Ravelry library.