Gathered Skirt for All Ages in Mineral Linen
Spring has caught me by surprise yet again and, more specifically, has shed some light on a few gaping holes in my daughters’ warm-weather wardrobes. But armed with our Gathered Skirt pattern and our gorgeous new Mineral Linen, I am prepared to fill in the gaps!
Our Gathered Skirt for All Ages is the perfect pattern for Purl Soho’s beautiful Mineral Linen. The subtle sheen of this unique fabric reflects light and shadow in the soft gathers of the skirt, and for the large side pockets, we’ve reversed the fabric, showcasing its natural, matte side.
To fill in your own seasonal wardrobe gaps, you can find a full list of materials here, and just follow along with the original Gathered Skirt for All Ages Pattern. Roll on, spring. We’re ready! -Corinne
- 1 (1 ½, 1 ½, 1 ¾, 2, 2) yards of Purl Soho’s Mineral Linen. We used Pink Opal and Mica. (NOTE: Mineral Linen is no longer available, but choose from one of our other linen fabrics here!)
- 1 yard of ¾-inch Braided Elastic, White
- One 110-yard spool of Gutermann’s Cotton Sewing Thread in a color to coordinate with the fabric. We used color 9045 with Pink Opal and color 3170 with Mica.
- A safety pin
- 2 ¼ (2 ¼, 2 ¾, 3 ¼, 3 ¼) yards of Purl Soho’s Mineral Linen. We used Sterling.
- 1 (1, 1, 1, 2) yards of ¾-inch Braided Elastic, White
- Two 110-yard spools of Gutermann’s Cotton Sewing Thread in a color to coordinate with the fabric. We used color 9280.
- A safety pin
To fit ages 2-3 (4-5, 6-7, 8-9, 10-11, 12) with finished waist sizes 18 ½ (19 ½, 20 ½, 21 ½, 22 ½, 24) inches in circumference, unstretched. (Instructions are given for adjusting this waist size.)
To fit hip sizes 33-34 (35-37, 38-40, 41-43, 44-46) with finished waist sizes 25 ½ (28 ½, 31 ½, 35 ½, 40 ½) inches in circumference, unstretched. (Instructions are given for adjusting waist size.)
For the free pattern, including step-by step photos, a video tutorial, and lots of tips, visit our original Gathered Skirt for All Ages story. Follow the instructions for the Contrast Pocket using the matte side of the Mineral Linen fabric as the right side of the Pocket piece.