Stripey Tube Scarf In New Colors
While you may be able to knit our Stripey Tube Scarf with your eyes shut, you won’t want to, because you’d miss all the gorgeous colors!
This pattern itself is easy as can be. You just knit in a spiral! The juicy bit comes from alternating colors each row, each snappy stripe leading into the next one.
In our dreamy, cuddly, toasty Super Soft Merino, the Stripey Tube Scarf is cozy, warm, and indeed super soft.
A thick cloud of 100% Peruvian merino, this bulky, single-ply yarn also makes this scarf a speedy knit… Off your needles and around your neck quick as a wink!
With eight(!) new colors joining its ranks, Super Soft Merino now has a gorgeous palette of over thirty-five colors. We’ve mixed and matched to make five new Super Soft Merino Bundles, some quiet, some punchy, and some shadowy and deep.
Whatever stripes strike your fancy, you’ll need just one Super Soft Merino Bundle to cast on for this eye-opener!
Share your progress and connect with the community by tagging your pics with #PurlSoho, #PurlSohoBusyHands, #PurlSohoStripeyTubeScarf, and #PurlSohoSuperSoftMerino. We can’t wait to see what you make!
To knit your own Stripey Tube Scarf you will need a Super Soft Merino Bundle, which includes…
- 7 skeins of Purl Soho’s Super Soft Merino, 100% merino wool. Each skein is 87 yards/ 100 grams; approximately 609 yards required. We used the palette Coral Reef for our sample.
- Coral Reef: Color A is Seashell Pink; Color B is Peachy Pink; Color C is Pink Starfish; Color D is Super Pink; Color E is Berry Blue; Color F is Pale Verdigris; Color G is Teal River
You’ll also need…
- US 13 (9mm), 16-inch circular needles
NEW COLOR OPTIONS
We’ve added five new palettes to our Super Soft Merino Bundles! We used Coral Reef (above) and the others are…
- Beach Day (top left)
- Color A is Sea Salt; Color B is Yellow Yellow; Color C is Oyster Gray; Color D is Eggshell Blue; Color E is Oatmeal Gray; Color F is Peachy Pink; Color G is Artemisia Green
- Pomegranate (top right)
- Color A is Rose Hip; Color B is Red Poppy; Color C is Super Orange; Color D is Peachy Pink; Color E is Red Gingham; Color F is Alizarin Crimson; Color G is Bougainvillea Pink
- Rose Garden (bottom left)
- Color A is Golden Green; Color B is Reef Green; Color C is Frond Green; Color D is Fresh Pickle; Color E is Heirloom White; Color F is Ballet Pink; Color G is Pink Thistle
- Seven Seas (bottom right)
- Color A is Mountain Blue; Color B is Eggshell Blue; Color C is Blue Pansy; Color D is Cobalt Blue; Color E is High Tide; Color F is Sapphire Blue; Color G is Berry Blue
11 stitches = 4 inches in stockinette stitch
Finished Dimensions: 18 inches in circumference x 78 inches long
For a few tips on knitting these stripes, visit our Stripes in the Round Tutorial!
With Color A, use Long Tail Cast On to cast on 50 stitches.
Place a marker and join for working in the round, being careful not totwist the stitches.
Knit every round for 5½ inches.
Joining Color B…
With Color B, knit one round.
With Color A, knit one round.
Repeat last two rounds until you run out of Color A, ending with a Color B round.
Now joining Color C…
With Color C, knit one round.
With Color B, knit one round.
Repeat last two rounds until you run out of Color B, ending with a Color C round.
Continue in this pattern through Colors D, E, F, and G. When Color F runs out, use Color G to knit every round for 5½ inches.
Bind off loosely and weave in the ends!