An elegant daily-wear piece, the Camber Pullover is simple, yet thoroughly thought through. Its dropped shoulders create a flattering arc from cuff to cuff, and it’s that subtle crescent that give this beauty its name.
You knit this one in the round from the bottom up to the underarms, then front and back separately with no armhole shaping, join at the shoulders, and shape the neckline with short rows. Pick up the sleeves at the armholes and knit down to the cuffs, choosing your sleeve length: short, three quarter, or long.
All along the way, you’ll encounter some loving details, like a deeply ribbed hem with an overlapping split, slightly lower in the back. And pretty shoulder seams that lead to a generous jewel ribbed neckline. Beautiful!
We knit up our Camber Pullover in Mulberry Merino, our three-season blend of extra fine merino and mulberry silk. It creates a smooth and supple fabric with a gorgeous luminescence. And in a rich neutral like this Field Mouse color, it becomes a timeless, effortless, wear-with-everything essential.
Designed for Purl Soho by Adam Aronowitz.
- Purl Soho’s Mulberry Merino, 80% extra fine merino wool, 20% mulberry silk. We used the color Field Mouse.
- Short Sleeve Version: 4 (4, 5, 5, 6) skeins
- Three-Quarter Sleeve Version: 4 (4, 5, 6, 7) skeins
- Long Sleeve Version: 4 (5, 6, 6, 7) skeins
You will also need…
- US 4, 32-inch circular needles
- US 4, 24-inch circular needles
- Set of US 4 double pointed needles
- Stitch markers
- Stitch holders or scrap yarn
- A Camber Pullover Pattern
22½ stitches and 36 rows = 4 inches in stockinette stitch.
34¼ (38½, 42¾, 47, 51¼) inches
To fit actual chest circumference 29–32 (33–36, 37–41, 42–45, 46–49) inches, with approximately 2–5 inches of ease
- Finished Chest Circumference: 34¼ (38½, 42¾, 47, 51¼) inches
- Finished Length from Underarm to Cuff: Short Sleeve– 6½ inches, Three-Quarter Sleeve– 11½ inches, Long Sleeve– 17 inches
- Finished Length from High Point Shoulder to Bottom Front: 20¼ (21½, 23½, 24¾, 26¾) inches
SAMPLE: The sweater pictured here is size 38½ inches modeled with 4½ inches of ease.
The Camber Pullover Pattern is available for purchase as either a hard copy or download.