Snow Day Hat in New Colors
A white backdrop of snowy streets is the perfect place to throw in a splash of color. And with over a dozen new colors in its palette, Super Soft Merino has us excited for the snow days ahead!
For our quick and fun Snow Day Hat, we used two strands of Super Soft Merino held together to create an eye-catching marled fabric. From bright and cheery Yellow Yellow to subtle Lavender Opal, a dash of color in a big, simple hat really makes a statement.
Super Soft Merino was our very first Purl Soho yarn, and we love it as much today as we did four years ago. It is our go-to for winter knitting, and I can’t imagine a better companion in this year’s snowy weather than our Snow Day Hat! -Jake
Share your progress and connect with the community by tagging your pics with #PurlSoho, #PurlSohoBusyHands, #PurlSohoSnowDayHat, and #PurlSohoSuperSoftMerino. We can’t wait to see what you make!
- 2 skeins of Purl Soho’s Super Soft Merino, 100% merino wool. Each skein is 87 yards/ 100 grams; approximately 144 (174) yards required, in two different colors. We used, pictured above from top to bottom…
- Heirloom White + Rose Granite, Adult size
- Heirloom White + Lavender Moon, Adult size
- Heirloom White + Ballet Pink, Kid size
- Heirloom White + Honey Pink, Kid size
- Heirloom White + Yellow Yellow, Kid size
- Heirloom White + Turmeric Yellow, Kid size
- US 15 (10mm), 16-inch circular needles
- A set of US 15 double pointed needles
- 1 stitch marker
- Purl Soho’s Pom Pom Maker Set, size Extra Large + Jumbo
10 stitches = 4 inches in k1 x p1 rib, with yarn doubled
Kid (Adult): To fit head sizes up to 20 (23) inches in circumference
- Finished Circumference (relaxed): 12 (16) inches
- Finished Height (not including pom pom): 9 ½ (12 ½) inches
- Pom Pom Diameter: 3 ½ (4) inches
For the free pattern, please visit our original Snow Day Hat story.