The Boyfriend Hat in Line Weight’s Newest Colors
The Boyfriend Hat is that kind of hat, the kind that’s someone else’s, the kind that you’ll beg, steal or lie to make yours. Well, skip the thievery and just knit one up for yourself… And once you do, don’t let it out of your sight!
We knit up our original Boyfriend Hats in classic marled neutrals, but this season we’re dipping into our new rich and spicy palette to put a colorful spin on the subject. Either way, two strands of Purl Soho’s incredibly soft Line Weight merino make this hat perfectly tempting!
- 2 skeins of Purl Soho’s Line Weight, 100% merino wool. Try a couple of our fall 2014 colors (shown above)!
- A US #3, 16-inch circular needle
- A set of US #3 double pointed needles
- 4 stitch markers, 1 of which is a different color or type to indicate beginning of round
Here are the colors we used for this season’s Boyfriend Hats…
- Left: Purl Soho’s Line Weight in Paprika Red and Pink Grapefruit
- Middle: Purl Soho’s Line Weight in Ochre Yellow and Yellow Zest
- Right: Purl Soho’s Line Weight in Green Turquoise and Black Green
9 3/4 stitches and 8 1/2 rows = 1 inch in 1 x 1 rib, unstretched
- Finished Circumference: 14 3/4 (16 1/2, 18, 19 3/4) inches, un-stretched, comfortably stretching to approximately 19 3/4 (21 1/2, 23, 24 3/4) inches
- Finished Height: 9 1/2 (9 3/4, 10, 10 1/4) inches
For the original Boyfriend Hat pattern click right here!