Bellocq Tea. Its owners and creators, and our longtime friends, Heidi Johannsen Stewart, Michael Shannon and Scott Stewart, truly understand the magical beauty of tea, and through their passion and stewardship, everyone around them soon understands it too! And so it is with immense pleasure that we welcome Bellocq Teas to Purl Soho!
Anna Williams do an amazing job of telling the tale!
Le Hammeau. Each tea is impeccably hand crafted using 100% organic whole tea leaves and botanical ingredients. With so many amazing blends and pure teas to chose from it was a challenge to pick our favorite dozen, but somehow we managed!
- Lapsang Souchong – An earthy pinewood-smoked black tea
- Bellocq Breakfast – A black tea with notes of honey, a Bellocq customer favorite!
- The Queen’s Guard – An elegant black tea with essence of rose and lavender
- The Earl Gray – A rich black tea with natural bergamot and delicate blue cornflowers
- Etoile De L’Inde – A favorite at Purl Soho, this beautiful blend of green and jasmine tea also includes passion-fruit, rose and marigold.
- Majorelle Mint – A classic Moroccan mint tea with a twist! Blended with gunpowder green tea, marigold and citrus essence. This tea is wonderful iced with a sprig of fresh mint.
- Roasted Kukicha – An earthy green tea made from the branches of the tea plant rather than the leaves (Heidi tells us that some people consider Kukicha to be an herbal tea rather than a green since the caffeine content is so minute.)
- Jasmine Silver Needle – A classic white tea that is dried with the delicately sweet essence of jasmine flowers
- White Nixon – A refined white tea with lavender and peony, great iced!
- Little Dickens – Made for kids with a hint of chocolate, loved by all! Serve with milk and honey.
- Hindu Holiday – The most scrumptious caffeine-free chai around, this tea includes everything from rooibos, ginger and cardamom to jasmine, rose and marigolds!
- Le Hammeau – A summery blend of botanical ingredients, including lemongrass, verbena, chamomile, mint and more.
loose tea Paper Filters!
We hope you’ll love these teas as much as we do! We feel they go hand in hand with crafting (picture a pile of quilt squares and a hot cup of tea or a half-finished merino sweater and a steaming pot for one!). Bellocq Teas are also in perfect harmony with our respect for handcrafted materials made with pure love. So even if you can’t visit Bellocq’s world in Greenpoint, Brooklyn, you can bring some of their magic into yours!
You can find all of our Bellocq offerings right here. Enjoy! Joelle