Botanical Yoke Pullover In New Colors
Our Botanical Yoke Pullover is knitting gold: a jaw-dropper that is much simpler to make than it looks! Despite its complex beauty, this triumph of intertwining ribs is really nothing more than simple cables with some every-now-and-then decreases thrown into the mix.
But the effect is pretty magnificent! Climbing vines around the yoke ripple and weave, crisscross and diverge, like the walls of the Secret Garden itself. For a very soft and dreamy edge, we knit up the Botanical Yoke Pullover in our Cashmere Merino Bloom, a mix of 75% extra fine merino wool and 25% cashmere.
The occasion for casting on for a new version of this old classic is the arrival of nine gorgeous new colors, starting with this pretty-as-can-be Rosebud Pink. Explore the whole palette, which is now 31 colors strong, and pick the one that will be the seed for your own Botanical Yoke Pullover!
Update: Now For Dogs
November 14, 2021
What better way to show love for our canine friends than with a sweater fit for a human? Sole Salvo has done just that with her inspired Botanical Yoke Sweater For Dogs! Choose from one of 30 gorgeous shades of natural or dyed Good Wool and you and your pet will be stepping out in matching pullovers in no time!
Share your progress + connect with the community by tagging your pics with #PurlSoho, #PurlSohoBusyHands, #PurlSohoBotanicalYokePullover and #PurlSohoCashmereMerinoBloom. We can’t wait to see what you make!
- 7 (8, 9, 10) (10, 11, 12) (13, 13, 14) skeins of Purl Soho’s Cashmere Merino Bloom, 75% extra fine merino wool and 25% cashmere. Each skein is 218 yards/ 100 grams; approximately 1495 (1655, 1850, 1985) (2145, 2310, 2480) (2655, 2810, 2960) yards required. We used the color Rosebud Pink.
- US 5 (3.75 mm), 32- or 40-inch circular needles, depending on sweater size
- US 5, 24-inch circular needles
- US 5, 16-inch circular needles
- A set of US 5 double pointed needles
- A cable stitch holder
- Stitch markers, including one unique
- Stitch holders or scrap yarn
- A Botanical Yoke Pullover Pattern
NOTE: Looking to knit your sleeves in double-time? Swap the double pointed needles for 32-inch or longer circular needles, and check out our Magic Loop: Two At A Time Tutorial!
28 stitches and 32 rounds = 4 inches in 2 x 2 rib, relaxed after blocking
NOTE For help picking a size, please check out our Understanding Ease + Selecting Size Tutorial!
34¼ (37¾, 41¼, 44½) (48, 51½, 54¾)(58¼, 61¾, 65¼)
To fit actual chest circumference of 29¼–31¼ (32¾–34¾, 36¼–38¼, 39½–41½) (43–45, 46½–48½, 49¾–51¾) (53¼–55¼, 56¾–58¾, 60¼–62¼) inches, with 3–5 inches of ease
- Finished Chest Circumference: 34¼ (37¾, 41¼, 44½) (48, 51½, 54¾) (58¼, 61¾, 65¼) inches
- Finished Length From Shoulder To Bottom Edge: 24 (24½, 25, 25¼) (25½, 25¾, 26) (26½, 27, 27½) inches
- Finished Length From Underarm To Bottom Edge: 15 (15, 15, 14¾) (14¾, 14¾, 14¾) (15, 15¼, 15½) inches
- Finished Length From Underarm To Cuff: 17½ (18, 18, 18½) (18½, 18½, 19) (19, 19½, 19½) inches
Sample: The sweater shown here is size 37¾, worn with 3¾ inches of ease.
Our Botanical Yoke Pullover Pattern is available for purchase as a PDF download only.