Our wonderfully watercolor-y Mitered Corner Blanket is now available in two glorious new palettes! The super fresh and punchy Dawn and Mountain color combos join our classic bundles, Warm and Cool, for a total of four equally stunning options.
The Dawn palette is an explosion of morning sunlight, ranging from yellows and whites to pinks and oranges. This is how you wake up on the right side of the bed! The Mountain bundle is a landscape of hillside purples, snowy summits, and sky-high blues, a real breath of fresh air.
To create these prisms of color, you combine two strands of our fingering-weight Linen Quill, a mixture of highland wool, alpaca, and linen that embodies nature’s raw beauty. It comes in dozens of colors, allowing us to plumb the extremes, from the deepest depths to the highest highs.
Whatever colors call your name, the Mitered Corner Blanket pattern remains a truly artful next-level project, a masterful study in color and construction that is as close to painting as knitting gets. Without a single stitch of sewing, you’ll build each block by picking up stitches along the edge of an adjoining square… Easy, fascinating, and fun!
Choose a Mitered Corner Blanket Bundle in any of our four gorgeous palettes and in two sizes: Small or Large Throw. It’s an incredible knitting journey, the ultimate project and accomplishment to put the spring in your winter!
Designed for Purl Soho by Jake Canton.
Our Mitered Corner Blanket Bundle comes in two sizes: Small Throw (top row, above) and Large Throw (bottom row). Choose also from two new palettes, Dawn (left) or Mountain (right).
The Small (Large) Bundle includes…
- 15 (19) skeins of Purl Soho’s Linen Quill, 50% fine highland wool, 35% alpaca and 15% linen. Each skein is approximately 439 yards.
- Color A: 1 (2) skein(s); approximately 337 (650) yards required
- Color B: 2 (2) skeins; approximately 556 (858) yards required
- Color C: 2 (3) skeins; approximately 768 (1,116) yards required
- Color D: 2 (3) skeins; approximately 878 (1,310) yards required
- Color E: 3 (4) skeins; approximately 971 (1,448) yards required
- Color F: 2 (2) skeins; approximately 508 (766) yards required
- Color G: 1 (1) skein; approximately 208 (342) yards required
- Color H: 1 (1) skein; approximately 141 (189) yards required
- Color I: 1 (1) skein; approximately 34 (74) yards required
The colors included with each palette are…
- Color A: 1 (2) skein(s) of Pale Oats
- Color B: 2 (2) skeins of Wheat Flour
- Color C: 2 (3) skeins of Peachy Pink
- Color D: 2 (3) skeins of Super Orange
- Color E: 3 (4) skeins of Bright Flamingo
- Color F: 2 (2) skeins of Pink Pop
- Color G: 1 (1) skein of Dandelion Yellow
- Color H: 1 (1) skein of Mustard Seed
- Color I: 1 (1) skein of Turmeric Yellow
- Color A: 1 (2) skein(s) of Oatmeal Gray
- Color B: 2 (2) skeins of Heirloom White
- Color C: 2 (3) skeins of Eggshell Blue
- Color D: 2 (3) skeins of Green Turquoise
- Color E: 3 (4) skeins of True Turquoise
- Color F: 2 (2) skeins of Cobalt Blue
- Color G: 1 (1) skein of Lavender Opal
- Color H: 1 (1) skein of Crocus Bud
- Color I: 1 (1) skein of Purple Smoke
NOTE: For the Small Throw, we only used a little bit of the third skein of Color E. If you leave the skein unwound, you can exchange it if you don’t end up needing it (click right here for Purl Soho’s return policy). Also, a couple of customers making the Small Throw have reported running out of Color D. Please double check your gauge and be conservative with Color D tails!
You will also need…
22 stitches and 44 rows = 4 inches in knit garter stitch and in purl garter stitch
Each Small Throw square should be 3 x 3 inches; each Large Throw square should be 4 x 4 inches.
NOTE: You will make some squares with all knit stitches and some with all purl stitches. Make sure your garter stitch is on gauge for both. You may have to adjust your needle size so they are!
Small Throw (Large Throw)
- Finished Dimensions: 36 inches wide x 48 inches long (48 inches wide x 64 inches long)
NOTE: Both samples pictured here are the Small Throw size.
For the free pattern, please visit our original Mitered Corner Blanket story!