If you hate cold feet (if?), you’ll love our Boot Socks! They are warm and cozy, cushion-y and soft. You can wear them with winter boots, rain boots, hiking boots, or with no boots at all just padding around your house!
This pattern is an update of our original Homespun Boot Socks, this time in Purl Soho’s Worsted Twist. One hundred percent merino wool, Worsted Twist has the virtues of being unbelievably soft, all natural, and super pretty. It also comes in over two dozen colors, making little pops at the heels and toes a fun touch!
These Boot Socks are a great place for first time sock knitters to start. While many socks have gauges of 8, 9, even 10 or 11 stitches to the inch, these are just 5 1/2, so you get to all the fun and challenging parts faster. They are a classic top-down construction, with no seams, cushioned heel backs, and ribbing at the calves to keep your socks in place!
In two adult sizes, our Boot Socks Pattern walks you through the steps of knitting up your very own cozy pair. Happy feet? Yes, please! -Whitney
- Main Color: 2 skeins of Purl Soho’s Worsted Twist, 100% merino wool
- For size Small/Medium, we used Wheat Flour.
- For size Medium/Large, we used Heirloom White.
- Contrast Color: 1 skein of Purl Soho’s Worsted Twist, 100% merino wool
- For size Small/Medium, we used Honey Pink.
- For size Medium/Large, we used Oatmeal Gray.
- A set of US 6 double pointed needles
- Purl Soho’s Boot Socks Pattern
NOTE: Two skeins of one color are enough for a solid pair of socks in either size; and 4 skeins (two colors, two skeins each) are enough for two pairs of socks in either size if you reverse the colors!
22 stitches = 4 inches in stockinette stitch
Foot Circumference: 7¼ inches (8¾) inches, comfortably stretching several inches
Foot Length: Adjustable
Our Boot Socks Pattern is available as a PDF download or hard copy.