Close to my house growing up there was a small, abandoned jewel-box of a train depot that my sister and I called the “Bunny House.” We imagined that it was the Easter Bunny’s off-season home, and even now that I’m the one filling baskets and hiding eggs, I still conjure those childhood daydreams of an enchanted white bunny gathering her Easter supplies from the train depot. And in these fantasies she is almost definitely carrying a basket full of these Heirloom Wool Easter Eggs!
Our Easter Eggs celebrate the season with embroidered wool felt flowers and beautiful details, and you can make your very own with Purl Soho’s Heirloom Wool Easter Eggs Kit, no magical bunnies required! It is available in two pretty palettes: Magnolia, a collection of soft pastels, and Zinnia, a bouquet of happy brights.
Whether your Heirloom Wool Easter Eggs hang from a spring branch or nestle inside a basket or are in the tiny paws of the Easter Bunny herself, they are sure to harbinger a very happy spring! -Corinne
P.S. Want to make the basket too? The free pattern for our Super Simple Felt Easter Basket (pictured above) is available here.
Our Heirloom Wool Easter Eggs Kit comes in two palettes and includes all the supplies you’ll need to make at least 20 Eggs in two sizes…
- Main Color: Two 18 x 18-inch pieces of 100% wool felt in Ecru
- Contrast Colors: Six 6 x 9-inch pieces of 100% wool felt in 6 colors
- Magnolia (above left): One piece each of Sunshine, Baby Pink, Bubblegum, Apricot, Wheat, and Leaf
- Zinnia (above right): One piece each of Lime, Bright Yellow, Sun, Bright Pink, Dark Orange, and Coral
- Cotton sewing thread to coordinate with the Main Color
- 1 skein of embroidery floss
- An embroidery needle
- An erasable fabric marker
- Cotton ribbon for hanging
- A full-color Pattern and cutting templates
- Small Eggs: 2 ¼ x 1 ¾ inches
- Large Eggs: 3 ½ x 2 ½ inches
The Heirloom Wool Easter Eggs Pattern is also available separately, as either a hard copy or download.