These Color Tipped Scarves are a celebration of what’s new! This month Purl Soho welcomes twelve fresh colors to our palette and a brand new yarn to our collection: Say hello to, Worsted Twist Heather, a softly dappled, classic tweed without the classic scratchiness. All these new colors and yarns come together here in our Color Tipped Scarves for a feast of the senses. Rich colors and cool neutrals, sensuous merinos and gentle tweeds, it’s a party!
Our original Color Tipped Scarves were knit up in just Purl Soho’s Worsted Twist, but this season’s version makes subtle play of the contrasts in all of Purl Soho’s worsted weight yarns. Clean and crisp Worsted Twist abuts downy Alpaca Pure, who neighbors stippled Worsted Twist Heather. The effect is complex, subtle and absolutely beautiful!
Here’s everything you need to know to get started!
To make one kid (adult) size Color Tipped Scarf, you will need:
- Tip Color A: 1 (1) skein of Purl Soho’s Worsted Twist, 100% merino, Worsted Twist Heather, 100% merino or Alpaca Pure, 100% alpaca
- Body Color: 1 (2) skeins of Purl Soho’s Worsted Twist or Worsted Twist Heather
- Tip Color B: 1 (1) skein of Purl Soho’s Worsted Twist, Worsted Twist Heather or Alpaca Pure
- A US #8 straight or circular needles
Here’s what we used…
- Alpaca Pure in Pink Grapefruit
- Worsted Twist Heather in Wheat Flour
- Worsted Twist Heather in Red Cayenne
4 1/2 stitches = 1 inch in garter stitch
For Kid (Adult)…
- Before blocking: Approximately 5 1/2 (8) inches wide x 56 (79) inches long
- After blocking*: Approximately 5 1/2 (8) inches wide x 58 (82) inches long
*Garter stitch has a tendency to “grow” length-wise with blocking and wear.
For the full, free Color Tipped Scarf pattern, click here!