Sole Salvo For Purl Soho: Pinstripe Dog Sweater
With the dog days of summer behind us, it’s time to consider Fido’s next-season look. Our choice for front row seats at the fashion show, or just a walk around the neighborhood, is Sole Salvo’s very dapper Pinstripe Dog Sweater.
Knit from tail to neck in one piece, this doggy dud’s style is in the details. With a centered decrease down the back, thin stripes turn into a striking chevron and a smartly shaped shirttail, while 2×2 ribbing along the chest and edges ensures a tidy fit.
Boy dogs and girls dogs get a slightly different belly treatment, and happily, the Pinstripe Dog Sweater is designed to fit most pooches, from dachshunds to dobermans or, even, an offspring of the two!
For elegance and practicality, Sole designed her Pinstripe Dog Sweater in our beautiful hand-dyed Posy. A blend of superwash merino (for stretch), cashmere (for super softness), and nylon (for durability), its light fingering gauge won’t weigh your buddy down but will keep them toasty warm. Cast on for your favorite pup and get ready to turn some heads at the dog run-way!
Designed for Purl Soho by Sole Salvo.
Share your progress and connect with the community by tagging your pics with #PurlSoho, #PurlSohoBusyHands, #PurlSohoPinstripeDogSweater and #PurlSohoPosy. We can’t wait to see what you make!
- Purl Soho’s Posy, 75% superwash merino, 15% cashmere, 10% nylon. Each skein is approximately 159 yards/50 grams.
- Main Color (MC): 1 (2, 2, 3, 4, 5) skein(s); approximately 120 (200, 290, 410, 555, 715) yards required. We used the color Weathervane Gray for the female version and Maple Wood for the male.
- Contrast Color (CC): 1 (1, 1, 1, 2, 2) skein(s); approximately 50 (80, 115, 155, 220, 290) yards required. We used the color Heirloom White for the female version and Pink Papaya for the male.
- US 1 (2.25 mm), 16- or 24-inch circular needles (depending on size you are making)
- A set of US 1 (2.25 mm) double pointed needles
- Stitch markers, including one unique and one removable marker
- Stitch holders or scrap yarn
- A Pinstripe Dog Sweater pattern
29 stitches and 41 rows/ rounds = 4 inches in stockinette stitch
38 stitches and 41 rows/ rounds = 4 inches in k2, p2, rib, unstretched
XXS (XS, S, M, L, XL)
To fit chest circumference of approximately 12–14 (14–16, 16–20, 20–24, 24–28, 28–32) inches, with 1–4 inches of negative ease
- Finished Chest Circumference: 11½ (15¼, 18¾, 22¼, 26¼, 30¼) inches
- Finished Neck Circumference: 7¼ (9¼, 11¼, 13½, 16, 18½) inches
- Finished Length From Base Of Neck To Base Of Tail: 10½ (13, 15½, 18, 20½, 23) inches
Samples: The samples shown here are sizes XS (male) and S (female).
The Pinstripe Dog Sweater is available for purchase as a PDF download only.