Slip Stitch Dishtowels in Cotton Pure
We love slip stitches because they make easy things look difficult, and we love handmade dishtowels because they make unpleasant tasks seem kind of fun. Our Slip Stitch Dishtowels in Cotton Pure check both boxes!
As complicated as these Dishtowels may look to make, there’s actually nothing fancy going on here. You knit every row with just one color, so as long as you can knit and purl, you can make them. And as long as you have dishes to dry and tables to wipe, you can use them, too!
UPDATE: NEW YARN
JULY 16, 2021
Perfect for home and hitch, our Slip Stitch Dishtowels are as strong as an ox, machine washable, and absorbent, too! For this iteration, we used our new Blackbird Linen. Like the wing of a blackbird catching the early morning light, our newest yarn shines with an understated elegance that belies its hard-working character. Click here to read more!
Share your progress and connect with the community by tagging your pics with #PurlSoho, #PurlSohoBusyHands, #PurlSohoSlipStitchDishtowels, and #PurlSohoCottonPure. We can’t wait to see what you make!
- 4 skeins of Purl Soho’s Cotton Pure, 100% organically grown cotton. Each skein is 279 yards/ 100 grams. We used…
- Color A: Egret White (two skeins); approximately 390 yards required.
- Color B: Freshwater Pearl; approximately 225 yards required.
- Color C: Birch Bark; approximately 240 yards required.
- Note: These are enough materials to make a set of three Slip Stitch Dishtowels, one of each pattern.
- US 3 (3.25mm) straight or circular needles
- If using straight needles: Two US 3 double pointed needles for I-Cord
23 stitches = 4 inches in stockinette stitch
Finished Dimensions: 11 1/4 x 17 1/4 inches
For the free patterns for all three Dishtowels, please visit our original Slip Stitch Dishtowels story!