Nothing is quite so cute as the teeny tininess of a newborn baby’s plump, little feet. In ode to those precious paws, we’ve use our softest, finest merino yarn to knit these teeny socks adorned with tiny cables.
Although small, these Knit Layette Socks are filled with pretty details, and in Line Weight’s beautiful colors, they also pack a punch. This project is so mini, you can pick a handful of colors like you’re picking flowers. The more the merrier!
Knit Layette Socks are the perfect gift for all those expecting a newcomer this spring. Like tulips on their stems, top off a new babe’s stalks with these pretty, little socks! -Laura
PS: Our Knit Layette Socks are just one of three patterns included in our Knit Layette Pattern. You’ll also find a matching cardigan and hat, each made from our Line Weight yarn and accented with timeless cables. Want to make the whole set in classic Heirloom White with mother-of-pearl buttons? Buy the Kit!
- Purl Soho’s Knit Layette Pattern
- 1 skein of Purl Soho’s Line Weight, 100% merino. We used the colors Heirloom White, Wheat Flour, Honey Pink, Ginger Orange, Peony Pink, and Super Pink, shown above clockwise from top left.
- A set of US 2 double pointed needles
- A set of US 1 double pointed needles
- A few yards of scrap yarn and a crochet hook to match, for Provisional Cast-Ons
36 stitches and 44 rows = 4 inches in stockinette stitch with larger needles
0-3 (3-6) months
- Finished Foot Circumference: 4 1⁄4 inches
- Finished Leg Circumference: 4 1⁄4 inches
- Finished Foot Length: 3 1⁄2 (3 3⁄4) inches
- Finished Height from Heel to Top of Cuff: 3 3⁄4 inches
Samples: The socks pictured here are Size 0-3 months.
You can find this sock pattern in our Knit Layette Pattern, available as either a hard copy or PDF download. The pattern also includes instructions for the little cardigan and hat, pictured above!
Drawn to the heirloom quality of three-piece ensemble? Purchase our Knit Layette Kit, available in Heirloom White! It includes the pattern booklet, full of helpful instructions and photos, plus two skeins of Purl Soho’s incredibly soft Line Weight merino yarn, and a collection of pretty mother-of-pearl buttons.