Color-Wheel Quilt In Liberty Of London
Purl Soho founder Joelle Hoverson’s Last-Minute Patchwork + Quilted Gifts is at least ten years old (!), but the projects inside are still as fresh as ever. The super popular Color-Wheel Quilt looks just as amazing as it did in 2007 and remains one of our most quintessentially “Purl Soho” projects.
Sadly, Last-Minute Patchwork + Quilted Gifts is no longer in print, but happily, we now offer the Color-Wheel Quilt Pattern all on its own! Its new incarnation includes templates, step-by-step instructions, and is available as a hard copy or PDF download… Saved from the obscurity of out-of-print books!
The Color-Wheel Quilt uses 52 different prints that run the rainbow, and if you’re talking about color and prints, there is no fabric better than Liberty of London’s Tana Lawn. We’ve put together a beautiful selection in our Liberty Color-Wheel Bundle, so full of fresh energy and joy, we’ll probably be talking about the Color-Wheel Quilt for another ten years!
Designed by Joelle Hoverson.
- Main Fabric: 7¼ yards of 45-inch wide cotton (for background, binding, and quilt back). We used Moda’s 200-count Natural Muslin, 45 inches wide.
- Color-Wheel Fabric: 52 different-color cottons, at least 4 x 12 inches each. We used Purl Soho’s Liberty Color-Wheel Quilt Bundle.
- Two large spools of thread. We used 274-yard spools of Gutermann’s Cotton Sewing Thread in color 1040.
- Thinnest loft cotton batting. We used Quilter’s Dream’s Cotton Batting, Request loft, Twin size.
- A Color-Wheel Quilt Pattern
You’ll also need…
- A hera marker
- A straightedge ruler
- A walking foot for your sewing machine
- Optional: Template plastic
Finished Dimensions: Approximately 56 inches square
Our Color-Wheel Quilt Pattern comes with templates and is available as a hard copy or PDF download.