Purl Soho founder Joelle Hoverson’s Last-Minute Patchwork + Quilted Gifts is almost ten years old (!), but even though it’s reaching double digits, the projects inside are still as fresh as ever. Her Color-Wheel Quilt looks just as amazing as it did in 2007 and remains one of our most popular and quintessentially “Purl” projects.
The Color-Wheel Quilt uses 52 different prints that run the rainbow, and if you’re talking color and print, there is no fabric better than Liberty of London’s Tana Lawn. We have offered a Liberty Bundle specifically for the Color-Wheel Quilt for years, but we’ve never made one for ourselves… until now!
Liberty’s singular beauty gives our Color-Wheel Quilt such a burst of fresh energy, we’ll probably be talking about it another ten years!
- Fabric 1: 7 ¼ yards of Moda’s 200-count Natural Muslin, 45 inches wide
- Fabric 2: A Liberty Color-Wheel Quilt Bundle, which includes 52 fat sixteenths
- 7 1/4 yards of Moda Muslin, 200 Count 45″ wide 200 in Natural
- Two 274- yard spools of Gutermann’s Cotton Sewing Thread in color 1040
- Quilter’s Dream’s Cotton Batting, Request loft, Twin size
- Heavy template plastic
- Pattern paper
- A hera marker
- Last-Minute Patchwork + Quilted Gifts
You will also need a walking foot for your sewing machine.
Finished Dimensions: Approximately 56 inches square
The full pattern, including templates, is in Joelle’s Last-Minute Patchwork + Quilted Gifts.