I am a huge fan of Liberty of London’s iconic Tana Lawn prints, which is why our Prism Quilt in Liberty of London is especially dear to my heart. It’s amazing to see so many of these gorgeous fabrics together in one pretty place!
Our original Prism Quilt used a Liberty Half Rainbow Bundle in a Warm palette ranging from pale pink to rich green. I love the original quilt’s sunny, cheerful look, but as soon as I finished it, I knew I needed to see it in the Cool colorway as well!
This new version explores a chillier palette by using a Cool Liberty Half Rainbow Bundle and pairing it with Robert Kaufman’s Draper Denim Indigo. The prints, which run from deep purple to bright turquoise, seem to glow against this rich backdrop of dark denim.
Our Prism Quilt in Liberty of London, Cool Bundle is moodier than its predecessor, but there is something about its mysterious blue beauty that I can’t resist. -Molly
- Purl Soho’s Liberty Half Rainbow Bundle, Fat Eighths, in Cool 2016
- Background (called “Muslin” in the original pattern) and Binding Fabric: 2¾ yards of Robert Kaufman’s Draper Denim Indigo
- Backing Fabric: 1¾ yards of Moda’s 200-count Muslin, 90-inch, Natural
- Quilter’s Dream’s Cotton Batting, Request loft, Twin size
- Thread for Piecing: A 274-yard spool of Gutermann’s Cotton Sewing Thread in color 1040
- Thread for Quilting: A 274-yard spool of Gutermann’s Cotton Sewing Thread in color 6210
- A Water Soluble Fabric Marker
- Purl Soho’s Rotary Cutting Tool Kit, which includes…
Finished Dimensions: 52 inches wide x 60 inches tall
For the free pattern, please visit our original story.