Reversible Hat in Purl Soho’s New Line Weight!
The arrival of Purl Soho’s latest yarn, Line Weight, has inspired a fresh crop of beautiful knits, starting with the Purl Soho Reversible Hat! With its doubled up design, this hat takes full advantage of the soft ephemerality of Line Weight. Where one layer might not block a bitter chill, two are just right!
And two-hats-in-one means that the Reversible Hat changes as easily as your mood. Feeling Super Pink on Saturday and Heirloom White on Sunday? Or Dragonfly Blue in the morning and Peacock Blue at night? Flip it around and let your hat be the color of your spirit!
The Purl Soho Reversible Hat owes its elegance to the pared-down beauty of our new Line Weight. A single ply filament of 100% sumptuously soft merino wool, Line Weight is as simple as breath. It emits a subtle and beautiful glow that makes this hat truly special. -Whitney
Designed by Purl Soho designer, Whitney Van Nes.
Share your progress and connect with the community by tagging your pics with #PurlSoho, #PurlSohoBusyHands, #PurlSohoReversibleHat, and #PurlSohoLineWeight. We can’t wait to see what you make!
- Color A: 1 skein of Purl Soho’s Line Weight, 100% merino. Each skein is 494 yards/ 100 grams; up to 196 yards required. We used Heirloom White and Dragonfly Blue.
- Color B: 1 skein of Line Weight; up to 196 yards required. We used Super Pink and Peacock Blue.
- A set of US 3 (3.25 mm) double pointed needles (all sizes)
- US 3, 16-inch circular needles (for Women’s and Men’s sizes only)
- Stitch markers (or scrap yarn)
31 stitches = 4 inches in stockinette stitch
Baby (Toddler, Kid, Women’s, Men’s)
- Circumference: 12¾ (14, 16¼, 18½ , 21) inches
- Height: 7 (7¾, 8½, 9¼, 10) inches
Update: Matching Cowl
Whitney made a Reversible Cowl inspired by this hat and constructed in much the same way! Check out the full pattern and more beautiful photographs of this glowing color combination: Black Green + Green Turquoise.
Update: New Colors!
We’ve given our Reversible Hat + Reversible Cowl a color update! Dipping into this season’s Line Weight palette, these favorite old projects have brand new personalities: natural and woodsy, timeless and beautiful.
We just added five pretty new colors to the Line Weight collection (and used newbies Clear Sky and Lilac Fog here), making the entire palette is a playground filled with fun choices and unexpected combinations!