Summer Romper For Kids In Spectrum Cotton
Our Summer Romper is designed for rolling and spinning, running and dancing, climbing and crawling, and all the things that kids do when they’re feeling free!
We appreciate that there’s no fussing with snaps or buttons, no matching tops to bottoms, no special laundering or ironing, but most of all, we love the feeling kids get from knowing that their Summer Romper was made by someone who loves them.
A classic Purl Soho pattern, this version of our Summer Romper is in our Spectrum Cotton. Garment-dyed for softness and beauty, our Spectrum Cotton has the feeling of that shirt you wear everyday (or wish you could!).
Spectrum Cotton comes in dozens of colors, all created with non-toxic, low-impact dyes. So many gorgeous blues and pinks and yellows and greens… If only summer were longer!
Designed for Purl Soho by Corinne Gill.
- 1 (1, 1, 1¼, 1¼, 1¼, 1¼) yards of light to medium weight 45-inch wide fabric. We used Spectrum Cotton in Raincoat Yellow, Vintage Pink, and Raw Oats.
- 1 (2, 2, 2, 2, 2, 2) yard of ½-inch Braided Elastic, White
- A 110-yard spool of Gutermann’s Cotton Sewing Thread in a color to match the fabric. We used 1620, 5030, and 1040.
- An 18mm Bias Tape Maker
- A small scrap of ribbon, approximately 2½ inches long
- A safety pin
- A free Summer Romper for Kids template, printed, prepared, and cut out in the appropriate size
To fit ages 2 (3, 4-5, 6-7, 8-9, 10, 11)
Finished Waist Sizes: 22 (23, 23 ½, 25, 26, 27, 27 ½) inches in circumference, unstretched