Simple Hand Warmers + Hat In All Colors
When it comes to making resolutions, New Year’s may get all the credit, but the on-the-cusp feeling of fall also makes us feel refreshed, revived… and resolute! What better time to learn to knit?
Our Simple Hand Warmers + Hat Kit is a Purl Soho classic, specially designed to take the novice knitter from the very beginning to the very end of crafting a perfectly beautiful set of toasty accessories.
This kit is a classic for a reason but that doesn’t mean we can’t improve on the idea! Each kit still includes two skeins of Worsted Twist 100% merino wool, bamboo knitting needles, and an instructional booklet that guides you every step of the way, but now, instead of just a few Worsted Twist colors to choose from, you get to pick from all of them… just choose your favorite and we’ll build it for you!
Picking the color is the hardest part, because the knitting is actually as easy as it gets, just garter stitch rectangles that you sew it into shape. Everyone can appreciate the beauty, but first-time knitters will also appreciate the simplicity of this a wonderful introduction to the world of knitting!
So if you’re feeling resolute, go ahead and pick up a kit with the Worsted Twist color that inspires you most (there are 19 to choose from!), and simply learn to knit!
Designed by Purl Soho designer, Whitney Van Nes.
Share your progress + connect with the community by tagging your pics with #PurlSoho, #PurlSohoBusyHands, #PurlSohoSimpleHatAndHandwarmers, and #PurlSohoWorstedTwist. We can’t wait to see what you make!
To make an adult-sized pair of hand warmers and a hat you will need…
- 2 skeins of Purl Soho’s Worsted Twist, 100% merino wool. Each skein is 164 yards/ 100 grams; approximately 328 yards required. (NOTE: We no longer offer Worsted Twist, but choose from one of our other worsted/aran weight yarns.)
- US 7 (4.5 mm) knitting needles
- A yarn needle for finishing
- A Simple Hand Warmers + Hat Pattern, which includes how-to-knit instructions and patterns for hand warmers and a hat (Please Note: The Simple Hand Warmers + Hat Pattern is no longer available for purchase. For assistance, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.)
Samples: We knit up our Hand Warmer + Hat sets in the colors Heirloom White, Ash Gray, Bougainvillea Pink, Yellow Yellow, Red Panda and Mountain Rose!
20 stitches = 4 inches in garter stitch
Adult Small/ Medium (Medium/ Large)
- Finished Circumference: 5¾ (6¾) inches, comfortably stretching to about 8 (9½) inches
- Finished Length: 8 (9) inches
- Finished Circumference: 17 inches, comfortably stretching to about 24 inches
- Finished Height: 10½ inches (uncuffed)
If you already have what you need, pick up just the Simple Hand Warmers + Hat Pattern, which includes thorough how-to-knit instructions and two patterns.