We are so taken with our new Gentle Giant colors that we want to recreate every project we’ve ever made in the new palette. Alas, we are dreamers but even more so, doers. So we’ve made choices and among them, our Granny Square Blanket in Gentle Giant and our Colorful Corner Blanket came out winners.
The original versions had a soft, vintage look, while this season’s blankets combine bright bursts of neon with warm outlier shades. Together, they bring out the best in each other, a bouquet of total happy!
Sometimes the gray days of winter beg for a playful touch, whether in one corner or at the center of a square. Injecting jolts of color into these big-stitch blankets give them a thoroughly modern feel and and a get-through-winter-with-a-smile power.
Our soft and cozy 100% merino Gentle Giant is pure pleasure and now comes in 21 colors! We’ve dipped into our six new colors to put together some new Gentle Giant Blanket Bundles: a new 12-color Bundle for the Granny Square Blanket, plus seven new 9-skein Bundles for either the Granny Square or Colorful Corner Blanket. The original collection of Bundles is still available, too, so lots of choices to make: Crochet or knit? Playful or serious? Lots of colors or a few? All of the above?
Colorful Corners Blanket
- 9 skeins of Purl Soho’s Gentle Giant, 100% merino wool: 3 skeins of Contrast Colors and 6 skeins of Heirloom White. We used the palette Fresh Fruit.
You’ll also need…
- US 19, 40-inch circular needles
There are seven new 9-skein Gentle Giant Blanket Bundles to choose from, plus our original six. The new palettes are…
- Fresh Fruit: Color A is Super Pink; Color B is Parakeet Yellow; Color C is Super Yellow; Color D is Heirloom White
- Pink Clover: Color A is Purple Lupine; Color B is Rose Violet; Color C is Super Pink; Color D is Heirloom White
- Sweet Melon: Color A is Super Pink; Color B is Honey Amber; Color C is Cowrie Pink; Color D is Heirloom White
- Winter Cherry: Color A is Super Pink; Color B is Wolf Brown; Color C is Graphite Gray; Color D is Heirloom White
- Wild Lily: Color A is Sugar Maple; Color B is Super Pink; Color C is Super Yellow; Color D is Heirloom White
- Key Lime: Color A is Mint Ice; Color B is Super Yellow; Color C is Parakeet Yellow; Color D is Heirloom White
- Lighthouse: Color A is Super Yellow; Color B is Mint Ice; Color C is Graphite Gray; Color D is Heirloom White
6 stitches = 4 inches in garter stitch
Finished Dimensions: 30 inches wide x 42 inches long
For the free pattern, visit our original Colorful Corner Blanket story!
Granny Square Blanket in Gentle Giant
- Contrast Colors: 12 skeins of Purl Soho’s Gentle Giant, 100% merino wool
- Top Row: Orange Koi, Clay Pot, Cowrie Pink, Honey Amber, Parakeet Yellow, Super Yellow
- Middle Row: Sugar Maple, Super Pink, Rose Violet, Purple Lupine, Iceberg Blue, Mint Ice
- Main Color: 6 skeins of Gentle Giant in Heirloom White
NOTE: The original Soft palette is still available, too!
You’ll also need…
Our nine-skein Gentle Giant Blanket Bundles include enough yarn to make the same size blanket as the one you make with the Dozen Colors Bundle, but with only three Contrast Colors instead of twelve (see above). Each one includes…
- 9 skeins of Purl Soho’s Gentle Giant, 100% merino wool: 3 skeins of Contrast Colors and 6 skeins of Heirloom White.
You’ll also need…
Each finished Granny Square should measure 10 x 10 inches. If yours is smaller, try a bigger hook; and if yours is bigger, try a smaller one!
Finished Dimensions: 30 inches wide x 40 inches long
For the free pattern, visit our original Granny Square Blanket in Gentle Giant story! The layout for the Bright palette is…