Sewn Raglan Shirt, Tunic + Dress
Just like old friends, I look forward to meeting my tried-and-true sewing patterns time and time again. This Sewn Raglan Shirt, Tunic + Dress Pattern is sure to become one of those sewing table favorites!
This one pattern includes pattern pieces and instructions for three distinct garments that all share raglan-sleeve shaping, an elastic neckline, a smart back-button closure and a simple, clear construction.
But, because every favorite pattern let’s you play with key design decisions, so does this one. You get to choose straight or cinched, short or long sleeves, all one fabric or contrast fabrics and a Shirt, Tunic or Dress length.
It would take a lot of sewing hours to explore all the possible combinations!
I sewed up three here but I plan to bring the Sewn Raglan Shirt, Tunic + Dress Pattern to my sewing table all year long! – Corinne
Update: New Fabric
JUNE 15, 2015
Update: New Fabric
Want even more reason to bring this pattern back to the sewing table? Check out our Sewn Raglan Shirt, Tunic + Dress in Lana Cotta Canberrra story, which includes pattern updates for working in this unique felted wool.
For the Shirt, we used…
- Main Fabric: Kiyohara’s Kokuchi Double Gauze Dots in Silver Grey
For the Tunic, we used…
- Main Fabric: Robert Kaufman’s Railroad Denim in Slub Stripe
- Contrast Fabric: Liberty of London’s Tana Lawn in Blue Emilia’s Flowers
For the Dress, we used…
- Main Fabric: Kiyohara’s Kokuchi Double Gauze in Navy
- Contrast Fabric: Robert Kaufman’s Cotton Linen Chambray in Indigo Washed
You will also need…
- 1 yard of ¼-inch elastic for the neck
- Optional: An additional 1 yard of 1/4–inch elastic for the cuffs
- At least 4 inches of ¼-inch ribbon for the button loop. We used Carta Inc.’s Fettuccia Ribbon in Natural.
- One ½-inch button. We used Purl Soho’s Medium Buttons (size 19) in Pastel Grey.
- Cotton thread to match fabric
- An 18mm bias tape maker
- A Bodkin or safety pin
- A Sewn Raglan Shirt, Tunic + Dress Pattern!
The Sewn Raglan Shirt, Tunic + Dress pattern is available for purchase as either a hard copy or download.