I can’t tell you how excited I am for spring to come. This winter’s polar vortexes and never ending parade of snow and ice storms have been seriously awful! But with March right around the corner, I’m hoping that the old cliché will prove true: “In like a lion, out like a lamb!”
These Little Lamb Finger Puppets are my invocation to the spirit of spring. Their sweet faces and soft wool coats are so happy and hopeful that with each stitch the winter blues seem to melt away, making room for vernal daydreams. Just imagine how cute they’ll look peeking out of an Easter basket!
This project is truly a snap to sew. A playful palette of pretty wool felt is a joy to work with, and each lamb is stitched entirely by hand. Let the springtime reverie begin! – Molly
- One of Wollfilz’s Wool Felt Pieces, 1mm, 18 x 18 inches, in Ecru
- Five 9 x 12-inch pieces of Wollfilz’s Wool Felt in five colors (Please note, 9 x 12-inch pieces of felt are no longer available. We recommend using Wollfilz’s Wool Felt Pieces, 1mm, 18 x 18 inches pieces.)
- One piece each of Black, Ochre, Yellow, Peach and Pink
- 2 skeins of DMC’s Embroidery Floss in two colors
- An embroidery needle
- A pencil
- A Little Lamb Finger Puppets Pattern with full-size templates
These are enough materials to make at least 6 finger puppets.