What’s more fantastic than throwing a few things in a bag and taking a quick getaway? Our Overnighter Bag celebrates the thrill of travel; with just enough room to fit the essentials, you’ll never be weighed down or unable to catch the next train. This carefree attitude is reflected in the bag’s straightforward construction and sturdy materials. It’s beautiful but not too precious to toss in the trunk!
With the holidays upon us it’s good to note that while the finished bag would certainly make a spectacular gift, the Overnighter Bag Kit itself comes neatly packaged in sturdy box and is lovely enough to give to any traveling crafters you may know!
Purl Soho’s Overnighter Bag Kit comes in six cute colors and with everything you’ll need to make your own stylish little duffle, measuring 10¾ inches tall x 19 inches long x 6¾ inches deep…
- ¾ yards of 10-ounce cotton canvas
- 5½ yards of 7/8-inch bias tape to match the canvas
- 3 yards of 1¼-inch cotton webbing
- A 27-inch non-separating zipper
- A 274-yard spool of cotton thread to match the canvas
- A 110-yard spool of cotton thread to match the webbing
- An Overnighter Bag full-color instructional booklet and template
Bon voyage and happy sewing! -Molly
P.S. Just want the pattern? You can purchase it on its own right here and pick out your own materials by clicking on the links above.
Update: New Fabric
To make this version of our Overnighter Bag you’ll need…
- 3/4 yard of Purl Soho’s Warsa Linen. We used Peach, Ochre, Midnight, Fig, and Pale Pink.
- A 110-yard spool of Gutermann’s Cotton Sewing Thread to match the linen. We used colors 1680, 1661, 6210, 6170, and 5070 (respectively).
- A 110-yard spool of Gutermann’s Cotton Sewing Thread to match the zipper and webbing. We used color 1240.
- 3 yards of Purl Soho’s 1 ¼-inch Sangle Cotton Webbing in Natural
- Purl Soho’s 27-inch Non-Separating Zipper in Ivory
- 5 1/2 yards of Purl Soho’s 7/8-inch Bias Tape by the Yard in Natural
- An Overnighter Bag Pattern