Our classic Prism Quilt is back with a whole new look, a true color explosion inspired by our Spectrum Cotton collection. Twenty six extraordinary colors flicker across this quilt’s field, lively and wonderfully capricious!
Each square is a simple two-piece construction, meditative and systematic to assemble, but arranging them is when the serious fun begins, the play of so many colors skittering from one corner to the other, skipping through the rainbow like a prism spinning in the light.
The final steps of building the quilt top and attaching the backing and binding are a very satisfying completion of a vision realized and a beautiful quilt to treasure forever!
Get started on your own Prism Quilt in Spectrum Cotton with our Prism Quilt Fat Eighth Bundle. It includes 26 fat eighths of our gorgeous garment-dyed Spectrum Cotton. Add the background, binding, and backing colors of your choice and let the play begin!
Originally designed for Purl Soho by Molly Schnick.
- Contrast Color Fabric: Purl Soho’s Prism Quilt Fat Eighth Bundle, which includes 26 fat eighths of Spectrum Cotton. The colors included are….. Patina Green, Peach Macaron, Pale Melon, Orchid Gray, Orange Russet, Pine Nut, Pink Tulip, Purple Thistle, Putty Gray, Raincoat Yellow, Rock Wall, Orange Nasturtium, Orange Gourd, Orange Coral, Ocean Fog, Lilac Blossom, Lichen Green, Fresh Buttermilk, Duck Egg Blue, Deep Currant, Teal Green, Yellow Ochre, Terra Cotta, Whiskey Brown, Vintage Pink, Viridian Green
- Background and Binding Fabric: 2¾ yards of Purl Soho’s Spectrum Cotton. We used the color Desert Dune.
- Backing Fabric: 1¾ yards of Moda’s 200-count Muslin, 90-inch, Natural
- Quilter’s Dream’s Cotton Batting, Request loft, Twin size
- Thread for piecing: A 274-yard spool of Gutermann’s Cotton Sewing Thread in color 1040
- Thread for quilting: A 274-yard spool of Gutermann’s Cotton Sewing Thread to match Background Fabric. We used color 2410.
- Purl Soho’s Rotary Cutting Tool Kit, which includes…
Finished Dimensions: 52 inches wide x 60 inches tall
For the free pattern, please visit our original story.