Purl Soho opened over a dozen years ago with the goal of spreading our passion for exceptional design, natural fibers, and crafting traditions. Our entire team of employees shares a love for all things fiber and needlecraft, an enthusiasm for the history and the future of crafting, and a deep interest in sharing our knowledge and connecting with kindred spirits.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER: As an Equal Opportunity Employer, Purl Soho celebrates diversity and is committed to inclusivity. We do not discriminate in our hiring, compensating, or promoting practices, and we value employees from all backgrounds, cultures, and perspectives. Whoever you are, wherever you're from, we want to meet you!
FULL- OR PART-TIME WAREHOUSE ASSOCIATE: IRVINE, CALIFORNIA
Do you love crafting and beautiful supplies? Come work behind the scenes at Purl Soho! We are looking for a capable Warehouse Associate to support our company's warehouse operations. You will stock, organize, and ship inventory, perform various warehouse activities, and provide excellent customer service via phone, email, and in-person. This full-time position is at our warehouse in Irvine, California. To apply, please email us your resume, availability, and salary requirements.
- Pick, process, package, and ship orders accurately
- Cut fabric yardage to precise measurements using a rotary cutter
- Inspect products for defects and damages
- Organize and tidy warehouse space
- Unload and restock incoming inventory items appropriately
- Answer customer phone calls and assist with questions regarding orders and inventory
- Assist in-person customers
- Assemble crafting kits to company specifications
- Count inventory
- Abide by all company safety and hygiene regulations
- Perform all other assigned duties
- Excellent organizational skills
- Ability to work comfortably in a small, collaborative environment
- Punctuality, attention to detail, and a focus on quality control
- Polite and cheerful attitude with customers (and co-workers!)
- Ability to lift or move up to 30 pounds
- Must be able to stand or walk for up to 3 hours at a time
- Familiarity with Apple computers
- High school diploma
- Must be ale to work weekends
- A passion for crafts, especially knitting, crocheting, and/or sewing
- Ability to answer customer questions regarding knitting and crochet patterns and other crafting projects
Purl Soho is looking for meticulous and reliable Sample Makers to hand knit, crochet, weave, bead, or embroider our designs! Our ideal Sample Maker is communicative and industrious and is also a critical thinker and impeccable crafter. This is a freelance job that requires close communication with Purl Soho’s designers and Design Coordinator, and candidates must live in the New York City area. If you are interested, please email us a cover letter describing your crafting background and please also include some photos of projects you have created. We look forward to seeing your work!
We are also always looking for friendly and enthusiastic people who love helping customers and sharing their passion for materials and crafts. Our New York City staff works in our busy Soho store, while our Orange County, California employees maintain our website, warehouse and shipping facility. If you’re in either location and are interested in joining the team, please send your resume and 3 photos of your work in pdf format to firstname.lastname@example.org. We will keep your information on file and will let you know if we have an opening for you!