Anne Weil, author of Knitting Without Needles and creator of the blog Flax & Twine, joins us for this single session workshop where you will learn to create a dynamic and beautiful Gentle Giant Twill Woven Cowl! From crafting a makeshift cardboard loom to creating a woven twill pattern, Anne will instruct you on all the ins and outs of homestyle weaving. She will also be signing copies of her newest book, Weaving Within Reach, as well as demonstrating projects and techniques that students can easily replicate at home. Join us for this super fun three-hour session, learn new weaving techniques, and make a beautiful finished cowl to wear home!
- Skills Covered: Hands-on instruction of a woven twill pattern on a handmade loom
- Experience Required: None
- Instructors: Anne Weil
- Location: Please note that this class will be held at Purl Soho's Studio Space, a short distance from our shop. Please meet us at 403 Broome Street, New York City!
- Supplies: Each student should arrive with two skeins of Gentle Giant. Cardboard for looms, scissors and other needed tools will be provided.
- Contact: If you have questions, please check out our Class FAQs; or call us at (212) 420-8796,12-6 weekends, 12-7 weekdays; or email us at email@example.com.