We are thrilled to host third-generation Sashiko artist Atsushi Futatsuya for a very special workshop! He will expose you to the rich tradition of beautiful Sashiko embroidery, teaching the ins and outs of this meditative art with hands-on instruction. This workshop includes all the materials you'll need to complete an indigo printed pattern (which you can later turn into a tote bag, a pillow, a wall hanging, or whatever you like!). A full day of wonderful learning from a wonderful teacher, plus a midday break to explore neighborhood lunch spots... Please join us!
- Skills Covered: Hands-on instruction in the practical application of traditional Sashiko methods
- Experience Required: None
- Instructor: Atsushi Futatsuya
- Location: Please note that this class will be held at Purl Soho's Studio Space, a short distance from our shop. Please meet us at 403 Broome Street, New York City!
- Supplies: All necessary materials are included with the cost of the class! Each student will receive a traditional Sashiko needle and thimble, plenty of Sashiko thread, as well as an indigo printed pattern
- Our classes are designed for students age 14 and older, but children ages 10-13 are also welcome in the company of an adult. Please be sure to reserve a spot for both of you! And we're sorry, but we can not accommodate children under 10.
- Contact: If you have questions, please check out our Class FAQs; or call us at (212) 420-8796,12-6 weekends, 12-7 weekdays; or email us at email@example.com.