Join third generation Sashiko artist Atsushi Futatsuya in this very special day-long workshop that covers the breathtaking tradition of Sashiko embroidery. Immerse yourself in the rich history of this meditative art, learning the ins and outs of Sashiko with hands-on instruction from our honored guest, Atsushi. This workshop includes all the materials you'll need to complete an indigo printed pattern (which you can later turn into a tote bag, a pillow, a wall hanging, or whatever you like!). This full day of learning includes a break to explore our favorite lunch spots. Join us for a lovely day of stitching!
- Skills Covered: Hands-on instruction in the practical application of traditional Sashiko methods
- Experience Required: None
- Instructors: Atsushi Futatsuya
- Location: Please note that this class will be held at Purl Soho's Studio Space, a short distance from our shop. Please meet us at 403 Broome Street, New York City!
- Supplies: All necessary materials are included with the cost of the class! Each student will receive a traditional Sashiko needle and thimble, plenty of Sashiko thread, as well as an indigo printed pattern
- Contact: If you have questions, please check out our Class FAQs; or call us at (212) 420-8796,12-6 weekends, 12-7 weekdays; or email us at email@example.com.
More Information: If you would like us to let you know when we schedule this class again, please enter your email in the field below.