Learn what you need to know to knit a sweater! In this two-session class, we will discuss choosing a pattern, the yarn to go with it, and the right size to knit. You will learn about reading schematics, knitting and measuring a gauge swatch, blocking, and finishing. The first step will be choosing a sweater from a selection of Purl Soho Patterns and then purchasing the yarn to begin swatching. Each participant will knit a gauge swatch and will have the opportunity to ask all about fit, construction, and technique. In the end, you will have gained the confidence to knit an entire sweater and the skills to make one you actually want to wear!
- Experienced Required: Participants must have basic knitting skills (casting on, knitting, purling, binding off, increasing and decreasing) and have completed an in-the-round knitted project.
- Location: Purl Soho, 459 Broome Street, New York City
- Instructor: Sarah Solomon
- Supplies: For a complete list of required supplies, please click the Product Details tab, above.
- Contact: If you have questions, please check out our Class FAQs; or call us at (212) 420-8796,12-6 weekends, 12-7 weekdays; or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.