Frequently Asked Questions: Classes
- Where are your classes located?
- Most of our classes are held at our Purl Soho shop in New York City’s Soho neighborhood, however machine sewing classes and some special workshops are held at our studio located at 403 Broome Street, a short distance from our shop. The description of the class you are attending will specifiy which location you should go to!
- How do I enroll in one of your classes?
- Is there a deadline for signing up ?
- In consideration of our teachers' schedules, if a class has too few sign ups, we will consider canceling the class and will let enrolled students know right away if we do. On the other hand, if spots are available in a class, anyone can sign up right until the time of the first class.
- Are the class supplies included in the class fee?
- Sometimes yes and sometimes no. Be sure to check your class supply list here (just click on your class and then on its Product Details tab). Once you sign up for a class, we will also send you a list of materials you'll need to bring with you, if any.
- Please note that classes are sometimes held before or after store hours. Unfortunately, you won’t be able to buy class supplies during those times, so please plan accordingly.
- Please, also, have your yarn wound into a ball or your fabric washed before the start of your class. That way everyone can get right to work!
- What if I have to cancel or miss my class?
- If you find you have to cancel your class and it is more than 7 days before the first session, you will receive a full refund. If it is 7 to 2 days (48 hours) before the first session, you can either receive a store credit or register for another class. If it is within 48 hours before the first session, you will not be able to receive a refund or a store credit. Unfortunately, if you miss a class, there are no available make up classes.
- Who are the teachers?
- Our talented teachers are members of our retail team and other good friends of Purl Soho. Every instructor has a specific corner of the craft world to share with you, and all of them are friendly, fun and very patient!
- Which classes are coming up?
- Are private lessons available?
- We don't officially offer private lessons, but if you contact our Store Manager at Purl Soho, she may be able to arrange one for you!
- Can children take classes?
- Our classes are designed for students age 14 and older, but children ages 10-13 are also welcome in the company of an adult. Please be sure to reserve a spot for both of you! And we're sorry, but we can not accommodate children under 10.
If you have a specific class-related question not answered here, please direct your inquiry to our Class Coordinator, Christin. You can contact her at email@example.com. Alternatively, please call Purl Soho at (212) 420-8796 during store hours (12-6pm Saturday-Sunday; 12-7pm Monday-Friday, EST)