Based on traditional designs, Denyse Schmidt's quilts always have a distinctly modern look and a spirit of creativity and fun. In this hands-on Free-Wheeling Single Girl Quilt Workshop, Denyse will share her unique approach to the age-old double wedding ring pattern.You will be provided with all the fabric you need to get started on your own version, plus take home the pattern and a set of custom-made acrylic templates ($45 value!). Learn to trust your intuition, build your creative confidence, and streamline your patchwork process with this master of modern quilting!
- Skills Covered: Preparing materials, improvisational ring-piecing, composition and stitching, options for overall composition and layout, discussion of continuing the project at home to make a large quilt or finishing workshop blocks for a small wall hanging or pillow project
- Experience Required: Basic sewing machine skills
- Special Guest Instructor: Denyse Schmidt
- Location: Please note that this full day workshop will be held at Purl Soho's Studio Space, a short distance from our shop. Please meet us at 403 Broome Street, New York City!
- Materials: You will be supplied with a variety of fabric to get you started, plus each student will receive the pattern and a set of Denyse's custom-made acrylic Free-Wheeling Single Girl Templates to keep! During the break, we'll direct you to some of our favorite lunch spots and give you a little time to visit Purl Soho to purchase needed materials to finish your quilt at home. We also encourage you to bring a few favorite pieces from your fabric stash to use and share (but not required!).!
- Our classes are designed for students age 14 and older, but children ages 10-13 are also welcome in the company of an adult. Please be sure to reserve a spot for both of you! And we're sorry, but we can not accommodate children under 10.
- Contact: If you have questions, please check out our Class FAQs; or call us at (212) 420-8796,12-6 weekends, 12-7 weekdays; or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.