Top-Down Circular Yoke Pullover In Good Wool
From the highland sheep of Peru, our Top-Down Circular Yoke Pullover is now in beautiful, natural, and very affordable Good Wool!
You’ll only need three to five skeins of Good Wool, each costing less than ten dollars. Do the math, and it’s easy to see that this version of our Pullover is a good choice for people on a tight budget, first-time sweater knitters, and everyone who appreciates environmentally responsible, traditional highland wool.
The Top-Down Circular Yoke Pullover Pattern really couldn’t be simpler. Pared down and efficient, it also manages to incorporate pretty yoke details and casual rolled edges. It’s a classic definitely worth a revisit, easy to navigate and beautiful in Andean Good Wool!
Designed for Purl Soho by Laura Ferguson.
Share your progress and connect with the community by tagging your pics with #PurlSoho, #PurlSohoBusyHands, #PurlSohoTopDownCircularYokePullover, and #PurlSohoGoodWool. We can’t wait to see what you make!
- 3 (3, 4, 4, 4, 5) skeins of Purl Soho’s Good Wool, 100% Andean Highland Wool, Undyed. Each skein is 383 yards/ 100 grams; approximately 990 (1075, 1170, 1295) (1390, 1525, 1610) (1705, 1845, 1920, 2015) yards required. We used Hickory Nut.
- A set of US 6 (4 mm) double pointed needles
- US 6, 16-inch circular needles
- US 6, 32-inch circular needles
- A stitch marker
- Scrap yarn or stitch holders
- A Top-Down Circular Yoke Pullover Pattern
21 stitches and 29 rows = 4 inches in stockinette stitch
NOTE For help picking a size, please check out our Understanding Ease + Selecting Size Tutorial!
34 (37, 40, 43, 46, 49¼)
To fit actual chest circumference of 30-31 (33-34, 36-37, 39-40, 42-43, 45-46) inches, with 3-4 inches of ease
- Finished Chest Circumference: 34 (37, 40, 43, 46, 49¼) inches
- Finished Length from Back Neck to Bottom Edge: 21¼ (21½, 22, 23, 23½, 24½) inches
- Finished Length from Underarm to Bottom Edge: 14 (14, 14, 14½, 14½, 15) inches
- Finished Length from Cuff to Underarm: 17 (17, 17, 17½, 17½, 18) inches
SAMPLE: The sweater pictured here is size 40 inches modeled with 4 inches of ease.