A white backdrop of snowy streets is the perfect place to throw in a splash of color. And with over a dozen new colors in its palette, Super Soft Merino has us excited for the snow days ahead!
For our quick and fun Snow Day Hat, we used two strands of Super Soft Merino held together to create an eye-catching marled fabric. From bright and cheery Yellow Yellow to subtle Lavender Opal, a dash of color in a big, simple hat really makes a statement.
Super Soft Merino was our very first Purl Soho yarn, and we love it as much today as we did four years ago. It is our go-to for winter knitting, and I can’t imagine a better companion in this year’s snowy weather than our Snow Day Hat! -Jake
- 2 skeins of Purl Soho’s Super Soft Merino, 100% merino wool, in two different colors. We used, pictured above from top to bottom…
- Heirloom White + Rose Granite, Adult size
- Heirloom White + Lavender Moon, Adult size
- Heirloom White + Ballet Pink, Kid size
- Heirloom White + Honey Pink, Kid size
- Heirloom White + Yellow Yellow, Kid size
- Heirloom White + Turmeric Yellow, Kid size
- US 15, 16-inch circular needles
- A set of US 15 double pointed needles
- 1 stitch marker
- Optional but helpful: Clover’s Pom Pom Maker, size Extra Large
10 stitches = 4 inches in k1 x p1 rib, relaxed
Kid (Adult): To fit head sizes up to 20 (23) inches in circumference
- Finished Circumference (relaxed): 11 (14) inches
- Finished Height (not including pom pom): 9 ½ (12 ½) inches
- Pom Pom Diameter: 3 ½ (4) inches
For the free pattern, please visit our original Snow Day Hat story.