We’ve given our Reversible Hat and Reversible Cowl a color update! Dipping into this season’s Line Weight palette, these favorite old projects have brand new personalities: natural and woodsy, timeless and beautiful.
Our Reversible Cowl is a free pattern that makes use of Line Weight’s fine gauge to double the layers. We chose colors from our new collection of soft and tweedy Line Weight Heathers: Ginger Orange and Honey Pink. Like hot tea, autumn walks, and pumpkin patches, nothing could be toastier!
Our matching Reversible Hat is just as gorgeous in the classic combination of Wheat Flour and Tabby Gray (also Heather colors). Sized for everyone from babies to men, this pattern has you knit the first hat from the top down, then continue right into the second hat, bottom up. Tuck one inside the other, connect them with a little tassel, wear either side out, and never wish you had another hat!
We’re so happy that our new Line Weight colors have given us an excuse to revisit these oldies-but-goodies. They’re a wonderful duo that will carry you through winter with warmth and beauty! -Whitney
- Color A: 1 skein of Purl Soho’s Line Weight, 100% merino. We used Tabby Gray.
- Color B: 1 skein of Line Weight. We used Wheat Flour.
- A set of US 3 double pointed needles (all sizes)
- A US 3, 16-inch circular needles (for Women’s and Men’s sizes only)
- Stitch markers (or scrap yarn)
- A Reversible Hat pattern
31 stitches = 4 inch in stockinette stitch
Baby (Toddler, Kid, Woman, Man)
- Finished Circumference: 12 3/4 (14, 16 1/4, 18 1/2 , 21) inches
- Finished Height: 7 (7 3/4, 8 1/2, 9 1/4, 10) inches
Our Reversible Hat pattern is available as a hard copy or PDF download.
- Color A: 1 skein of Purl Soho’s Line Weight, 100% merino. We used Ginger Orange.
- Color B: 1 skein of Line Weight. We used Honey Pink.
- US 4, 16 or 20-inch circular needles
For the Provisional Cast On you will also need…
- A few yards of smooth scrap yarn
- A crochet hook to fit the size of the scrap yarn
- A spare circular needle, US 3 or smaller, 16-inch or longer
28 stitches = 4 inches in stockinette stitch
- Finished circumference at top: 20 inches
- Finished circumference at bottom: 22 1/4 inches
- Finished height: 12 1/2 inches
Our Reversible Cowl pattern is available for free online.