Normally, I work behind the scenes at Purl Soho, but when the subject of a learn-to-needlepoint kit came up, I couldn’t stay put. Needlepoint brings me to my happy place, and these tidy little gingham pincushions are just about the happiest needlepoint project I could imagine!
Our Learn to Needlepoint a Pincushion Kit comes with everything you need to bring these cuties to life, including ten mini-skeins of Purl Soho’s beautiful Mulberry Merino and a full-color instructional booklet.
We walk you through every step of the basic needlepointing process, from winding a needlepoint skein into a ball to stitching a basketweave pattern to plumping up your finished pincushions!
Simple enough for summer-brain, portable enough for carry-ons and weekend totes, our Learn to Needlepoint a Pincushion Kit is a great summertime pursuit. You may find that it brings you to a happy place! -Kelly, out from behind-the-scenes to share my love of needlepoint!
Our Learn to Needlepoint a Pincushion Kit includes…
- Ten 12-yard skeins of Purl Soho’s Mulberry Merino, 80% extra fine merino and 20% mulberry silk.
- A fat eighth of 10-mesh needlepoint canvas
- A fat eighth of medium-weight fabric, a linen-cotton blend
- A tapestry needle
- A hand-sewing needle
- A needle threader
- A 110-yard spool of 100% cotton thread
- 4 ounces of cotton stuffing
- A full-color instructional booklet (included in the Kit and also available separately)
These are enough materials to make four 3 x 3-inch Gingham Pincushions: one pink, one blue, one yellow and one gray.