Beginning Machine Sewing unravels the mysteries of the sewing machine! In the process of making an impressively polished Easy Tote, students will acquaint themselves with the whole machine sewing process, from cutting fabric to backstitching, all in just two 3-hour classes!
- Skills Covered: Basic sewing vocabulary, how to sew with the machine, the best way to measure and cut fabric, and how to follow a simple pattern
- Experience Required: None
- Instructor: Rachel Hearn
- Location: Please note that this class will be held at Purl Soho's Studio Space, a short distance from our shop. Please meet us at 403 Broome Street, New York City!
- Supplies: For a complete list of required supplies, please click Product Details, above.
- Our classes are designed for students age 14 and older, but children ages 10-13 are also welcome in the company of an adult. Please be sure to reserve a spot for both of you! And we're sorry, but we can not accommodate children under 10.
- Contact: If you have questions, please check out our Class FAQs; or call us at (212) 420-8796,12-6 weekends, 12-7 weekdays; or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.